• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CA clean vehicle program $2,000 rebate was approved for my Lariat ER today.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I just found out on delivery last week that the CCFR is NOT good for the ER battery F-150 lightnings…there is an 8500lb weight limit…my Lariat ER is 8550.
If the dealership gives it to you…take it and run…they won’t get reimbursed from the state when they go to claim it. I fought the dealership really hard on this one…and they were right. My truck isn’t eligible, and I suspect most of the XLT, Lariat and Platinum trims won’t be…at least with the ER battery…thus, why they aren’t listed on the website. I had to do some serious digging to find it.
Congrats to anyone who snuck one by.
Uh-oh I know of ER buyers that got their $750 POS credit at the time of contract.

I wonder if the dealership can later come back and try to get that back from you ?

Do they have any legal recourse ?
Sponsored

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
Uh-oh I know of ER buyers that got their $750 POS credit at the time of contract.

I wonder if the dealership can later come back and try to get that back from you ?

Do they have any legal recourse ?
I was wondering the same thing. I suspect many dealerships will just eat it. Some may ask for the money back, but may not go through headache too get the money back. But…it’s a legitimate question.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
I was wondering the same thing. I suspect many dealerships will just eat it. Some may ask for the money back, but may not go through headache too get the money back. But…it’s a legitimate question.
Should be interesting to hear if any ER buyer gets contacted by their selling dealer to pay for the $750.

I am glad I got the SR battery - whew!

And my wife's MME on order is an SR as well....

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
This doesn't apply to me because my dealership won't bother submitting the single piece of paper...but I've spoken to the program reps enough times and gone over all the permutations that I think I might be able to answer this :)

If your dealer is not part of the program and does not give you the rebate, there is nothing that can be done--it cannot be approved retroactively.

If your dealer is part of the program and does not give you the rebate, you have to go into the dealer and request they rewrite the contract and give you the rebate--in that way, it can be approved retroactively so to speak.

Based on that, I suspect in order for the dealership to claw back the rebate from you, they'd have to sweet-talk you into the shop, rewrite a contract, and then ask you to give it back to them.

This is one of the ways their duplicity screws them up. Since they like to hide fees into various places in the contract, they don't always line item the incentives explicitly. In order for them to claw it back in a courtroom the judge is going to want to see: "CCFR -$750" somewhere on the contract.

EDIT: sweat-talk to sweet-talk although both are probably accurate!

Sponsored

BeeLightning

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Impala, Jag SUV, F-150 Lightning on order
Purchase >80k vehicle, own/rent in CA AND fall under the new 135k/200k income limits!?!

Glad that cheddar came through! But tell us your budget secrets:!
Exactly........

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Well my $750 was approved by the State so who knows how they do it.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Well my $750 was approved by the State so who knows how they do it.
Better be on the lookout for a $750 bill from your dealer since you got the ER.....

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Better be on the lookout for a $750 bill from your dealer since you got the ER.....
Nope, Fuel Rebates sent me an email congratulating me lol…. That’s how I know the State approved it

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Nope, Fuel Rebates sent me an email congratulating me lol…. That’s how I know the State approved it
Wow that is a relief!

So the website is wrong ?
I thought the ER was not allowed to participate in the CCFR due to the GVWR ?

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Wow that is a relief!

So the website is wrong ?
I thought the ER was not allowed to participate in the CCFR due to the GVWR ?
The website is probably right, and dealers are probably right but you know how State processing goes. Some get approved, some don’t. Just like the $2k rebate, it’s a $60k limit and I’m over here wondering if I’ll get approved or not even though some have been approved…..

I had to check through my email to verify I did receive an email from Fuel Rebates just to make sure.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
The website is probably right, and dealers are probably right but you know how State processing goes. Some get approved, some don’t. Just like the $2k rebate, it’s a $60k limit and I’m over here wondering if I’ll get approved or not even though some have been approved…..

I had to check through my email to verify I did receive an email from Fuel Rebates just to make sure.
As for the CVRP $2K rebate, I hope not to be chosen for income verification ...😬

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just like the $2k rebate, it’s a $60k limit and I’m over here wondering if I’ll get approved
I believe it's "base MSRP" and since the Pro is under $40K ours all qualify if it's not a platinum.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
That's what I suspected but wanted to confirm.

The CCFR site only lists the SR as eligible:

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 7.48.00 PM.png
Hmm, ER does not qualify for $750? Why Tesla Model X was eligible in June? I am not sure if it is still eligible now though.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't know. It's not listed but some people have mentioned they received the rebate regardless. The whole program goes on pause in a week regardless because they don't have funding starting Sept. 1st.
Sponsored