• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can’t turn off Courtesy Wipe

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Trinkets.
Not needed.
I can turn on/off my wipers. I know when and when not to. I do not need the truck or an app to tell me when, or do it for me.
Same with the hood and tailgate.
You want our EV you must buy our trinkets also.
Maybe someday someone, maybe Ford, will offer an EV without all the trinkets.
Might make it more marketable.
Edit to add. In response to Firestop.
I agree with and respect your thoughts about too much non-value added stuff being loaded on vehicles these days….but, for as many years that rain-sensing wipers have been provided on many makes/models of vehicles, I just didn’t understand your point that it was an EV—centric issue….unless, I misunderstood and you were only being illustrative and that wasn’t your point…..🤔
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F350 diesel dually, 2020 Platinum Escape Hybr
Occupation
Retired
The wipe on startup isn't the courtesy wipe. It's the automatic wipers. The courtesy wipe is an extra wipe after using the washer. You could have some mist or condensation on the windsheild turning it on.

I leave my wipers in the off position for this reason. When it starts raining, I switch them on one click and let the auto setting take over.
Thank you! That’s the answer - problem solved

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Let’s try this theory. The wiper sweep is set in your personal setting. Turn off the wiper sweep and push your personal setting button on the door.
Nothing to do with the issue which is the wipe at startup, which is NOT courtesy wipe.

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
I agree with and respect your thoughts about too much non-value added stuff being loaded on vehicles these days….but, for as many years that rain-sensing wipers have been provided on many makes/models of vehicles, I just didn’t understand your point that it was an EV—centric issue….unless, I misunderstood and you were only being illustrative and that wasn’t your point…..🤔
Blame me. I should have expressed myself better.
EV-centric
My point I should have made is no choice. If I want a Lighting I have to buy many things I don't want.
It is not tech I am against, hell I'm here. My wife's 21 SUV has most all the tech, even HUD. But that is her money not mine so what do I care. She did not give Lariat or Plat money for that SUV.
I do think EV's are the future. The way it is being done now I don't see that future happening in my lifetime.
Sponsored