• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Interior Lights Won't Turn Off After Turning Truck Off.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Hello guys,

I've have my Lariat ER since April and I love it. So, I was just backing into my garage and turned interior lights on to read some mail I'd just took from mailbox. After about 5 minutes, I turned off truck, got out and armed system with fob. I noticed that the interior lights were still on and I remembered turning them on, so I went in and hit the same button that turns them on, but the lights stays on. I've tried turning truck on then back off several times, checked all the doors to see if I left one ajar, but they are all closed. It's been about 20 minutes now and they are still on. I'm sure it's something stupid that I just can't figure out at the moment.

Where else should I start to troubleshoot? This truck really erks me sometimes.

*sigh*
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Hello guys,

I've have my Lariat ER since April and I love it. So, I was just backing into my garage and turned interior lights on to read some mail I'd just took from mailbox. After about 5 minutes, I turned off truck, got out and armed system with fob. I noticed that the interior lights were still on and I remembered turning them on, so I went in and hit the same button that turns them on, but the lights stays on. I've tried turning truck on then back off several times, checked all the doors to see if I left one ajar, but they are all closed. It's been about 20 minutes now and they are still on. I'm sure it's something stupid that I just can't figure out at the moment.

Where else should I start to troubleshoot? This truck really erks me sometimes.

*sigh*
There was a similar thread (actually shows up at the bottom of this one). Guy's kid left light on, yada, yada. I *think* the answer might be there and is left as an exercise to the OP ;). Let us know if you find the answer there.
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...ng-lights-must-be-off-to-turn-them-off.16747/

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning Interior Lights Won't Turn Off After Turning Truck Off. 1699145910196

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
There was a similar thread (actually shows up at the bottom of this one). Guy's kid left light on, yada, yada. I *think* the answer might be there and is left as an exercise to the OP ;). Let us know if you find the answer there.
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...ng-lights-must-be-off-to-turn-them-off.16747/

Yes, this thread helped a lot. Thank you!

So, I remote started the truck for several minutes this morning to warm up cab. I drove off like normal, forgetting all about the light situation. On the way back from gym, I happen to look up and see that the interior lights were on. I figure that it's like my old F-150 where, if you leave a light on, it would turn it off so that it won't kill the battery, and that's what I think happened here. I was going to reach up while driving and hit the button twice (a trick I learned in that thread), but when I hit button once, the lights turned off! I did that so many times last night but to no avail.

I love my truck more than any vehicle that I've ever owned over the last 40 plus years of owning vehicles, but this truck tends to frustrate me at times.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
One by one, we new functional field testers will help @Ford Motor Company debug and perfect the Lightning.

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Hilarious timing seeing this thread - I experienced this oddity tonight when I could not turn off the rear interior light.

I had to close the doors, lock my truck, then press the rear-light button for it to turn off.
If I tried to turn it off with the door open, it would remain on.

So odd.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Basically, the manual switch is disabled when a door is open. The reason is that since the light is on due to the door state, you can’t tell the result of the switch action. One could argue that it should work differently, but there would be drawbacks in any scenario.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Basically, the manual switch is disabled when a door is open. The reason is that since the light is on due to the door state, you can’t tell the result of the switch action. One could argue that it should work differently, but there would be drawbacks in any scenario.
This makes total sense since the buttons are soft switches controlled by a module. Lingnik's process waits for the soft switches to open which means the buttons become functional again showing you which one is on and allowing you to turn it off. It would be impossible to tell which one is on otherwise.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
You turn the left light on. You turn the left light off.
You turn the right light on. You turn the right light off.
You do the hokey pokey then you turn the truck around.
That’s what it’s all about.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
MY Hero (the character Spock)

Sponsored