• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can anyone help me diagnose what I have done with my EV charger?

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Those 2 white items that are labeled "Eaton made in India" in the top left are the main fuses.

Have your electrician check it out.
Yes and the lower one appears to have a brownish tint on the right-hand metal strap indicating it is blown or at least has been over-heating perhaps? WITH ALL POWER TO THE EVSE OFF, remove the fuses and test them for continuity - if an open circuit it/they are blown. If a short circuit it/they are still good and the problem is elsewhere.

The only other circuit board component that looks damaged is the white rectangular item to the right and below the two Indian fuses, it appears to have a crack (black jagged line). It is probably a resistor. If it is bad, then you could try to replace it, but that means circuit board work - first you'd have to remove it to test it's resistance, assuming that is printed on it somewhere or you can find a circuit board diagram from the mfg. Then you'd have to find a replacement and solder it back onto the board, and hope that does the trick.

Probably like others have said, time to get a new EVSE if it is not the fuses, unless you feel competent to fiddle with the circuit board.
Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
PS: my hot tub has a similar cartridge fuse and occasionally when the was a power surge, such as from a close-by lightning (cloud lightning) strike, it has blown. I keep spares and whenever there is a thunderstorm in my area cut the power to the tub. I can happen with AC units as well. Possibly the turning power off and on caused a surge that popped the fuse.