• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Could Ford offer a Single Motor Drive Mode ?

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
IMHO, they need to. In the R1T Rivian had a conserve setting, which I find myself using 80-90% of the time. It’s worth some useful additional range. And when the cold weather season arrives having an additional 15-25 miles is something I want.
Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)

Rob G

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GV60 Sport, Bronco BL Sasquatch, Taycan 4S
Occupation
Retired
It would require a clutch to disengage PM motor, which ford decided against. It’s probably because of minimal range gain versus a wear item.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
And Rivian decided to go with 4 motors initially. So not an apples to apples decision on ability to decouple.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
Bummer... So how does the rear motor operate in non One Peddle mode when letting off the accelerator

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Bummer... So how does the rear motor operate in non One Peddle mode when letting off the accelerator
Compared to some EVs it essentially always has a bit of regen drag present, just way more significant in one pedal.
Sponsored