• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Snow Drive Mode Request

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Canadian here, I've been in Texas during an ice storm and snow and can say Texans have a problem. Also have a Mach e and a Lightning both with snows and I use one pedal. I worried and thought I would use whisper in the winter conditions but engage works well so no need for snow mode. you have that under your right foot eh! Great in winter conditions.
Having lived down south for a handful of winters, I'm grateful to have grown up in the Northeast where learning how to drive in winter conditions is a requirement. Of course you always get that small group of yahoos who think they are bullet proof because they have 4 wheel drive. I thought the Lightning did a fantastic job last winter. The extra weight is certainly helpful, but I could never go back to a vehicle that didn't have AWD. It's a game changer.
Sponsored

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
I slid through a stop sign on ice with our MME using one-pedal. Whisper is far better. While LT weight will help some traction limited situations.. stopping quickly on ice isn’t one of them.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
stopping quickly on ice
That's the main reason for winter tires, the compounds are softer and allow for better traction below 7 degrees Celsius.

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I don't understand. If you want to coast using one pedal, just let off the gas slower. The F150's regen in 1-pedal mode is somewhere between the default regen settings of my old Model S (just about perfect) and my Model Y (a little too much).

But on all of these vehicles, regen can be modulated just like the brakes could be.

Two rules of driving in the snow: get real snow tires, and never, ever, ever push hard or fast on anything. I follow both and find the Lightning is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned for winter driving.

Context: I coach competitive skiers and frequently drive hundreds of miles in bad weather in the winter.

Sponsored

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
I would like a custom mode that has the ability to adjust the acceleration curve and the regen curve and top speed within reason. I do a lot of off road farm stuff and like one pedal for that a lot. However like 4wd low in the old days I have had several moments that it would be great to have a lower acceleration and top speed. When we had ice here the one pedal worked great but I spun the tires accelerating more than I wanted to.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I'm not here to convince anyone to agree with me, but I'll just say this, I deeply dislike one pedal drive and not just because I'm used to ICE drive controls, etc, but because it's, at least in my judgment, a better way of modulating brakeforce vs acceleration, especially with the limited precision of our devolved ape-feet. To me, trying to use 1PD in severe adverse road conditions is akin to trying to steer and brake hard while cornering, trying to get one control mechanism to do two things rarely turns out well.

And I'll also just say that a lot of the 1PD absolutists trying to correct those who don't like it, reek of Steve Jobs telling iPhone 4 users "You're holding it wrong."

Use it if you like it, or don't use it if you don't like it. We all have what we prefer, that's the beauty of Ford implementing blended braking, unlike Rivian, we have a choice.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm not here to convince anyone to agree with me, but I'll just say this, I deeply dislike one pedal drive and not just because I'm used to ICE drive controls, etc, but because it's, at least in my judgment, a better way of modulating brakeforce vs acceleration, especially with the limited precision of our devolved ape-feet. To me, trying to use 1PD in severe adverse road conditions is akin to trying to steer and brake hard while cornering, trying to get one control mechanism to do two things rarely turns out well.

And I'll also just say that a lot of the 1PD absolutists trying to correct those who don't like it, reek of Steve Jobs telling iPhone 4 users "You're holding it wrong."

Use it if you like it, or don't use it if you don't like it. We all have what we prefer, that's the beauty of Ford implementing blended braking, unlike Rivian, we have a choice.
I like 1PD in adverse conditions so I use it. You don’t like it and don’t use it. We’re both happy. Life is good! Cheers! 🥂
Sponsored