• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Could It Be The First Lightning On Mt. Washington (NH)?

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
The kids and I took our first actual "trip" this week. Went up Mt. Washington, third tallest peak east of the Mississippi. Mt. Washington Auto Road climbs 1,600 feet to about 6,200 feet in 7.6 miles with an average grade of 12% (max of 22%.) We started at the bottom with 109 miles of range, got to the top with 55 miles left. Made it down the mountain with 77 miles of range.

Barely used the brakes going down, the motors and regenerative braking slowed me tremendously, almost to a stop in most cases.

Thank God the two nearest towns of any size had chargers.

Ford F-150 Lightning Could It Be The First Lightning On Mt. Washington (NH)? IMG_5225
Sponsored

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
I can see my house in the background of your picture! :) ;-)

Unfortunately, will be some time before I can make that drive. Congrats. I'll bet you are the first. Having driven that road, I'm surprised the regen on the way down wasn't more.

OP
OP
It's Just Me

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can see my house in the background of your picture! :) ;-)

Unfortunately, will be some time before I can make that drive. Congrats. I'll bet you are the first. Having driven that road, I'm surprised the regen on the way down wasn't more.
Me too. I was hoping for more, but I made back half of what I lost going up. I think I might have been one of the few up there that didn't burn through a set of brakes on the way down (saw a Tesla up there too.). Turned out to be gorgeous up top too. Barely needed a hoodie on.

Been years since I went up, and I forgot that all you smelled going up was the brake pads roasting in the cars going down.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Lol, that’s hilarious. I was thinking about taking mine up Washington two weeks ago when i got it so i could be the first Lightning on Mt Washington. Yah bastahd!!! 😂

EDIT: there are also level 2 chargers at the base of the auto road and at the Glen House hotel just a stone’s throw away.

rolker

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
OK, so when I finally get around to getting up there, I might still be one of the first 10?

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
If others really want to be first at something on Mount Washington with their lightning, there is always the chance to be the first to come into a corner a little too hot and be the first to crash one....

OP
OP
It's Just Me

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lol, that’s hilarious. I was thinking about taking mine up Washington two weeks ago when i got it so i could be the first Lightning on Mt Washington. Yah bastahd!!! 😂

EDIT: there are also level 2 chargers at the base of the auto road and at the Glen House hotel just a stone’s throw away.
HAHAHAHAHA. As they say brother, ya snooze ya lose! I'm a bastid!

We were going to do the Cog railway but the day went a bit awry and the kids said they wanted to drive up it. I wanted to be the first one up.

I wish I would have known about the base ones. I didn't see them, though the apps showed others in town at Gorham. And at least she didn't burn like those cars last month.

OP
OP
It's Just Me

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If others really want to be first at something on Mount Washington with their lightning, there is always the chance to be the first to come into a corner a little too hot and be the first to crash one....
VT - I was more worried about the drive up. When that cliffside pops up and you can't see the front P/S corner/road and the nitwit coming down won't move over a bit for you.....I was white knuckling it a bit.

Going down was fun. Don't wanna be the first one to crash up there.

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I've climbed it about 10 times in summer and winter but never drove it. Even though it's 8,000 feet lower than the ones on the west coast, eg. Shasta, it is brutally hard for people and cars as the weather can change so quickly and the change in elevation so rapid. Been some years I think I'll be driving next time. :ROFLMAO: It's so beautiful up there in that area, maybe a place to retire some day!

Good point on brake pads, I wonder what the difference is in lifetime between an ICE and Lightning in miles for break pads.

Last edited:
OP
OP
It's Just Me

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've climbed it about 10 times in summer and winter but never drove it. Even though it's 8,000 feet lower than the ones on the west coast, eg. Shasta, it is brutally hard for people and cars as the weather can change so quickly and the change in elevation so rapid. Been some years I think I'll be driving next time. :ROFLMAO: It's so beautiful up there in that area, maybe a place to retire some day!

Good point on brake pads, I wonder what the difference is in lifetime between an ICE and Lightning in miles for break pads.
I'm too much of a wuss to hike up that much. Might do it one day just to see.

I do tend to forget how beautiful NH gets north of Concord. Almost like two different geographies.

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
Well I’m a year behind on getting my Lightning to the top of Mount Washington, but……

could I be the first to fry up a grilled cheese inside the Frunk of a Lightning at the top of Mount Washington ? 😁

Ford F-150 Lightning Could It Be The First Lightning On Mt. Washington (NH)? 06A939E5-674C-48D2-85B4-ED10AF1FD5C4
Ford F-150 Lightning Could It Be The First Lightning On Mt. Washington (NH)? 2E40DFC1-9A7F-4FA7-BCBF-78F7AB531A9B
Ford F-150 Lightning Could It Be The First Lightning On Mt. Washington (NH)? 37296B8B-3647-4F9B-A611-452B013991B5
Sponsored