• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
This might sound dumb, but I'm assuming soldering the wires into each appropriate wire is the best path to do it?
Those pins on the BCM are most likely empty. I would get the wire terminals from ford and install that way.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
These cup holders with LED's seem to be backordered everywhere. I have found one dealer in Dallas/FW that shows to have 2 in stock, but it is icy here today. I may try to get my hands on them Friday, but in the mean time I have an online order at Sasquatch, which are backordered. They reached out to let me know they were backordered and asked if I wanted to keep my order until they arrived.

STJonesin4

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Construction
These cup holders with LED's seem to be backordered everywhere. I have found one dealer in Dallas/FW that shows to have 2 in stock, but it is icy here today. I may try to get my hands on them Friday, but in the mean time I have an online order at Sasquatch, which are backordered. They reached out to let me know they were backordered and asked if I wanted to keep my order until they arrived.
I ordered this morning from Levittown Ford and same got the same thing. They said supposed to ship at the end of March…

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I ordered this morning from Levittown Ford and same got the same thing. They said supposed to ship at the end of March…
I checked Levittown first as I had ordered a remote start from them 6 or 7 years ago. Their shipping was about $5 more than Sasquatch so I went with Sasquatch.

mosoccer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Is the dash removal piece (video linked in the first post) a required step for doing just the cupholder lights?

Or is it required just for the media bin/glove box light? Or it's needed for both?

Sponsored
OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Is the dash removal piece (video linked in the first post) a required step for doing just the cupholder lights?

Or is it required just for the media bin/glove box light? Or it's needed for both?
honestly if you’re just doing the media bin and cup holder you could do it without taking the dash apart. You can lift the center console up high enough to change the cup holder out from the bottom and the media bin light can be connected also.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
For those ordering or finding the cupholders backordered, I received mine today. I had ordered from Sasquatch and also told back ordered, but it only took a couple of weeks. Still the same look, ambient light and antenna included for less than $20 each plus shipping.

I had found a local dealer in DFW that had a couple in stock, but they wanted $37 each for them. Glad I ordered online.

Buying these I'm just hedging my bets as I have a Lightning Lariat on order. I've done some rewatching of the early video reviews of the Lightning and at least one Platinum has the ambient light cup holders installed. I know that was a prototype and if they've been removed from the ICE, they may never appear in the Lightning, or maybe the Platinum gets them and Lariat won't. Either way if they don't have them, hoping I'll be able to do the upgrade.

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Ok guys im back with a new update, I apologize that it took me this long to get this information out there. I dont own an F150 so ive had to collect parts for this information. For you guys adding the light ring to your existing cup holder here is what you need to do. on the left in the picture is an OEM lighted cup holder, on the right is your factory one that youll remove from the truck. you need a belt sander(bench top). sand the cup holder flat till your light ring fits and the bottom snaps back on. if you look at the 2 pictures you can see the differences in the 2. if you sand the cup holder down almost flush to the middle section where the screw is your light ring will fit and it will all go back together just fine. if you look where the arrow is pointing thats what you need to sand. I hope this helps all the guys adding this in. If its needed I can get exact measurements for you but it should be easy to do.

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_2277

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Ok at the request of a member i took them back apart and measured them for you guys. here is the factory cup holder this is measured to the band that clip goes under
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_2308
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_2309

heres an oem lighted cup holder
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_2310

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_2311

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_2316

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
also yesterday it was asked of me why i dont tell everyone to get the full cup assembly in all my threads. the price is insane and congrats to people that get them but ive had at least 4 people say their cup holder(-CB part number) has arrived missing the light ring or missing the lights and ring. I have personally felt from the get go this part is priced incorrectly. with that said anyone that gets one and its complete congratulations!! I can build a harness to fit it also no big deal you just have to tell me you bought one of those and it was complete. also with that said here is one more thing I did for the community. I had my buddy copy the light ring and make it printable. IF you know someone who can 3D print clear parts here you go.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
also yesterday it was asked of me why i dont tell everyone to get the full cup assembly in all my threads. the price is insane and congrats to people that get them but ive had at least 4 people say their cup holder(-CB part number) has arrived missing the light ring or missing the lights and ring. I have personally felt from the get go this part is priced incorrectly. with that said anyone that gets one and its complete congratulations!! I can build a harness to fit it also no big deal you just have to tell me you bought one of those and it was complete. also with that said here is one more thing I did for the community. I had my buddy copy the light ring and make it printable. IF you know someone who can 3D print clear parts here you go.

Thanks for continuing to work and support these. To own up to it, I was one that asked why the complete new cupholder part number wasn't shared more. I also have the perfect example. I ordered two cup holders a few weeks back. They were initially backordered, but did arrive last week. I opened one and it was perfect, in talking to @JHForman812 last night I opened the second and I have the perfect example. Two ordered at the same time and shipped in the same box - one is complete and one is missing the light ring, although it has the wiring and lights. Just insane and crazy that could happen, but it does and has. So as noted, order that part at your own risk.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Big thanks to @JHForman812 for doing this legwork for us.

I ordered the “cupholder” since it was $20 and I was paying $10 for shipping everything else regardless of whether I added it or not.

Got lucky on Fords dime this time.

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light 0D394EFB-14EF-4CAE-99EC-31CAEBBB4772

MNSportsman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
Big thanks to @JHForman812 for doing this legwork for us.

I ordered the “cupholder” since it was $20 and I was paying $10 for shipping everything else regardless of whether I added it or not.

Got lucky on Fords dime this time.

0D394EFB-14EF-4CAE-99EC-31CAEBBB4772.jpeg
Did yours come with the light ring too? My cup assembly came with the lights but not the light ring. Fortunately I had bought the light ring previously and was able to retrofit it. Seems some guys are lucking out and receiving both the lights and light ring, others are not, even though we're ordering the same part #.

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Did yours come with the light ring too? My cup assembly came with the lights but not the light ring. Fortunately I had bought the light ring previously and was able to retrofit it. Seems some guys are lucking out and receiving both the lights and light ring, others are not, even though we're ordering the same part #.
This is what sucks about this part lol so far it’s 50/50 on people getting the complete assembly if you get the complete assembly it’s a steal!! I can configure the harness to work with it no problem it’s just 1 connector that’s different and I’m a cheap ass for all that get the complete part congrats you scored a hell of a deal!!
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN