• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GrandpaD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Just received this from my dealer -

"We know everyone is anxious for the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning order banks to open.
Late this month, ‘22MY F-150 Lightning Reservation Customers will be invited in waves to the dealership to continue their online journey to complete vehicle configurations and convert their Reservation to an Order.
We will be reaching out to all Reservation Holders based on their reservation time stamp."

Dealer is in Hampton, VA.

(Lurked for a bit... Finally something to add.)
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback

"We know everyone is anxious for the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning order banks to open.
Late this month, ‘22MY F-150 Lightning Reservation Customers will be invited in waves to the dealership to continue their online journey to complete vehicle configurations and convert their Reservation to an Order.
We will be reaching out to all Reservation Holders based on their reservation time stamp."

Sounds like Wynn Ford on Mercury BLVD. Nice folks when I stopped by with some questions.

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
Didn’t we learn from the other forums?

my guess is we’ll be INVITED in November to place the order on a staggered basis starting Dec or later.
“Later this month, … invited in waves to order…”
The verb is “invited”. :geek:

BrownHornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
12' Roush Mustang
Occupation
IT

I selected Bowditch in Newport News have not got an email from them yet. I might follow-up with you later to see how things are going with Wynn.

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
If it’s by invite then us common folks can forget about being on the first wave. First will be all you tubers and “social media stars”…. I think I’m more excited to see the online configurator vs actually placing an order. I mean it’s cool you can place an order now but there really won’t be any movement until next April. Maybe Ford will send swag in the meantime :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If it’s by invite then us common folks can forget about being on the first wave. First will be all you tubers and “social media stars”…. I think I’m more excited to see the online configurator vs actually placing an order. I mean it’s cool you can place an order now but there really won’t be any movement until next April. Maybe Ford will send swag in the meantime :ROFLMAO:
Or if you have FORD IS AWESOME in your signature

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Don't forget the vast majority of us will just be reordering next year for a 2023 or later model.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Don't forget the vast majority of us will just be reordering next year for a 2023 or later model.
I wonder if that means prices could go up then?

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I wonder if that means prices could go up then?
Possible but for the Bronco they protected reservation holders from the model year price increase.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Possible but for the Bronco they protected reservation holders from the model year price increase.
Mach-e reservation holders got hit with the model year price increase from 2021 to 2022.

OP
OP
GrandpaD

GrandpaD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
As a follow-up, I had communicated to the dealer I was going to be out of town the week before Thanks. I inquired whether I could order online versus having to make a personal appearance. Their reply -

"We are not sure yet how Ford is going to handle the order process. As soon as we know we will be reaching out with more information."

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
As a follow-up, I had communicated to the dealer I was going to be out of town the week before Thanks. I inquired whether I could order online versus having to make a personal appearance. Their reply -

"We are not sure yet how Ford is going to handle the order process. As soon as we know we will be reaching out with more information."
Assuming Ford uses a process similar to the mustang mach-e, Bronco, and Maverick, you'll be able to build the vehicle online and then submit your order to the dealership. Dealer accepts the order and it gets into the ordering system.
Theoretically you shouldn't have to actually visit the dealer but it seems a lot of people are recommending it so you can get an agreed upon price in writing at the time the order is placed

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Assuming Ford uses a process similar to the mustang mach-e, Bronco, and Maverick, you'll be able to build the vehicle online and then submit your order to the dealership. Dealer accepts the order and it gets into the ordering system.
Theoretically you shouldn't have to actually visit the dealer but it seems a lot of people are recommending it so you can get an agreed upon price in writing at the time the order is placed
Note: If you order through the dealer (vs. online) you do lose access to a lot of the order tracking information online (since the order isn't linked with your account) and have to rely on updates from the dealer. We did our Mach-e that way and I will be ordering the Lightning online.
Sponsored