• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Does this mean I will not get the scales and smart hitch on my 8/29 week build?
Ford F-150 Lightning Latest 2022 F-150 Lightning ORDER GUIDE Released! [Updated Monthly] 1659372507266
Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Does this mean I will not get the scales and smart hitch on my 8/29 week build?
1659372507266.png
I know some people have said their orders where updated (there's a post here about it) and they were removed. Considering you can't even order a 22 now I don't know why they would update to remove it. I'd double check if those are important features to you.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
I know some people have said their orders where updated (there's a post here about it) and they were removed. Considering you can't even order a 22 now I don't know why they would update to remove it. I'd double check if those are important features to you.
I would be highly disappointed if they were.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I don't know why they would update to remove it.
One reason impossible to solve when the truck is in production, they're out of required part(s) and will not receive them prior to production.

I wish they would contact those who are being subjected to these delete changes and refund offers through the dealer* when features are deleted and:
  1. inform whether it is a permanent delete than cannot be added in the future
  2. the exact amount being offered for the delete
  3. whether the feature is being permanently removed
  4. a commitment to schedule production of a new vehicle as ordered as soon as the required parts arrive and provide a meaningful timeline
It's going to be a complete fustercluck if these are just momentary supply chain hiccups that affect production for a few weeks and suddenly the features begin to reappear on later builds. Give the person the option to be one of those later builds.

* - Dealers hold the franchise, they're touchy about being ignored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yeah - will need to follow up with my dealer to double check. Those features fall into the "nice but not 100% required" category for me. Wonder what kind of credit they are giving?

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Page 17 certainly makes it seem like the options are no longer available... just wonder what build week makes the cut?
Ford F-150 Lightning Latest 2022 F-150 Lightning ORDER GUIDE Released! [Updated Monthly] 1659377624255

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
New here with a dumb question. But will ford be accepting new orders for 2023? Or am I toast until 2025

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
New here with a dumb question. But will ford be accepting new orders for 2023? Or am I toast until 2025
Toast for 2024, but maybe not 2025. FoMoCo still has a lot of reservations to work through but the economic situation is changing.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
If the scales are removed for my 10/3 week build, I would want to drop the whole tow tech package cost. But the scales would be so nice to know whether the truck is getting overloaded, and I would think that distance estimates would factor the weight in? Time to see if the dealer can get any information. I guess if the bed is not sagging down, no worries on load. At one time there was a warning during build and price about tow tech being a late availability item, if I remember correctly, but I do not see that warning in the B&P details for tow tech now.

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
If the scales are removed for my 10/3 week build, I would want to drop the whole tow tech package cost. But the scales would be so nice to know whether the truck is getting overloaded, and I would think that distance estimates would factor the weight in? Time to see if the dealer can get any information. I guess if the bed is not sagging down, no worries on load. At one time there was a warning during build and price about tow tech being a late availability item, if I remember correctly, but I do not see that warning in the B&P details for tow tech now.
I talked to my dealer yesterday about this and they didn't have any information. Said the first they would know is when the window sticker drops. I am with you - the scales are the only thing I really wanted from the Tow Tech package. I wouldn't have selected it, but it is bundled with the Lariat ER.

Assuming they are cut, I wonder how Ford is going to handle the software. Will we get a different version that doesn't have that screen (software maintenance headache) or will we get an error code when we try to select it (worse user experience)?

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Wonder what kind of credit they are giving?
the Lariat sticker at the link above showed a -$650 deduction for the scales and smart hitch removal. Not sure if PRO, XLT, other versions would have the same.
"ONBOARD SCALE/SMART HITCH RMVL
INTEGRATED TRAILER BRAKE CONT - 650.00 "
But Tow Technology package still listed! Seems a lot of tech is being removed.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
so the mobile charger is now optional? It better be in mine when it arrives since mine was built in July.
Sponsored