• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealers started ordering Lightening last week for their own inventory

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Pretty sure dealers have had them ordered/scheduled for a couple of weeks.

Not news.

OP
OP

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
Ordered my Lightening Platinum today (don’t hate. Next vehicle for me is a drone wheelchair) and went by to “assist” the dealership approving the order and advancing the process. In discussions with the GM (they have been honest with me so far just not real knowledgeable about the steps and timeline) and he said they ordered 6 Lightenings last week for their own inventory and to be able to do so he was required to order “other” vehicles to get the Lightenings. Thoughts?

OP
OP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pretty sure dealers have had them ordered/scheduled for a couple of weeks.

Not news.
If that’s what’s happening why don’t dealers work their reservation lists so their reserved customers don’t have to wait another 2, 4, 6, 8 weeks? They could have called me last week and taken my order!

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
If that’s what’s happening why don’t dealers work their reservation lists so their reserved customers don’t have to wait another 2, 4, 6, 8 weeks? They could have called me last week and taken my order!
Not sure what you mean.. dealers have demo units coming, not personal trucks... Here is a note from another thread:

Ok, so my dealerships demo/mannequin is scheduled for 4/11 production. I wonder if all dealer demo units will be produced prior to retail orders or if retail orders will be scheduled concurrently with the demos. I would love to get an April production date.

OP
OP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I was led to believe these were sales inventory units. A small rural town dealership would not get 6 demo’s. “Around here” the GM is usually the only one to have a demo and not every year.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
The dealers mannequin units coming will not be for sale for a specified period of time So that potent customers can see the units. Ford did this with the Bronco and the Bronco Sport. I believe it is 3 or 4 months that the dealers have to hang on to these units before they can be sold.

Last edited:

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
The only logical thing i can think of is he somehow got very lucky for allocations, somehow found a work-around in the system, and possibly prioritized members of his whole family to the top of the list? Idk. This is the first time i hear something like this. Either blowing hot air, or doing something sneaky.

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
The dealers mannequin units coming will not be for sale for a specified period of time So that potent customers can see the units. Ford did this with the Bronco and the Bronco Sport. I believe it is 3 or 4 months that the dealers have to hang on to these units before they can be sold.
Did it with the MME as well. Supposed to keep it 4 months or 1000 miles, whichever came first, but some were sold before those were met. My car was a mannequin.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Ordered my Lightening Platinum today (don’t hate. Next vehicle for me is a drone wheelchair) and went by to “assist” the dealership approving the order and advancing the process. In discussions with the GM (they have been honest with me so far just not real knowledgeable about the steps and timeline) and he said they ordered 6 Lightenings last week for their own inventory and to be able to do so he was required to order “other” vehicles to get the Lightenings. Thoughts?
I don't think I've seen any other claims of a dealer getting 6 Lightnings allocated for 2022, most are reporting 2-3 trucks.

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
From the Ford Q & A:
Will dealers have an F-150 Lighting on their lot so I can test drive one prior to ordering?
Starting in Spring 2022, all Electric Vehicle (EV)-Certified dealers will be receiving one 2022 MY demo unit that they will be able to use to give customers a hands-on experience with the truck and the ability to test drive.
Sponsored