• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Did you switch dealerships between waves? Please share your experience.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Just wondering how switching dealers affects your ranking. Do you just get slotted in by timestamp, assuming no prioritizations at that dealer?

My dealership is super clueless about the order process (e.g. they told me that the order bank opens for everyone on Monday) and I'm getting sick of trying to work with them.
Sponsored

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
Just wondering how switching dealers affects your ranking. Do you just get slotted in by timestamp, assuming no prioritizations at that dealer?

My dealership is super clueless about the order process (e.g. they told me that the order bank opens for everyone on Monday) and I'm getting sick of trying to work with them.
I have been told by several dealers that if I switch my reservation to them, my position in their line will be based upon the time stamp of my reservation. In other words, I will not be at the back of their line. Is that what you are asking?

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I have been told by several dealers that if I switch my reservation to them, my position in their line will be based upon the time stamp of my reservation. In other words, I will not be at the back of their line. Is that what you are asking?
I think this is a legitimate explanation why dealers are hesitant to tell customer where they are in line. People are not good at understanding why they are suddenly further back (even though those who "cut in front" technically were there first but were in a different line.

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think this is a legitimate explanation why dealers are hesitant to tell customer where they are in line. People are not good at understanding why they are suddenly further back (even though those who "cut in front" technically were there first but were in a different line.
Exactly. The problem is finding a dealer where your reservation will be in their allotment.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Exactly. The problem is finding a dealer where your reservation will be in their allotment.
And this is impossible since Ford has not released anything on how allocations work so not even the dealers really know how many they are going to get.

My advice is to find a dealer you can trust to charge MSRP or less and hang on patiently.

Sponsored

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
My advice is to find a dealer you can trust to charge MSRP or less and hang on patiently.
This is why I switched. The dealer I originally reserved with said I'd likely pay $25k in ADM so I'd rather wait longer with my second choice without ADM.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
It could also be that if they tell you you're #10, and you find out you can be #3 elsewhere, you're not gonna stick around very long.

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
Thanks. Yes, that's what I was asking about. I also wonder if moving a very early time stamp from one dealer to another will effect allocations at either location.

My ranking is the only piece of information I have asked them for and they have been unable to provide it. I can get the rest of the info from all of the smart people on this forum.

I guess my dealer just isn't that into me, LOL. Honestly, I just think they're unwilling to learn about the process.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
It could also be that if they tell you you're #10, and you find out you can be #3 elsewhere, you're not gonna stick around very long.
It shouldn't matter to them--they're still going to sell every truck that comes to them. Unless allocations for each wave are affected by people switching between dealerships.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
It shouldn't matter to them--they're still going to sell every truck that comes to them. Unless allocations for each wave are affected by people switching between dealerships.
I believe it is. If there's no reservation behind it, they don't get an additional truck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
I believe it is. If there's no reservation behind it, they don't get an additional truck.
This would be so much easier and rational if Ford had us choose the dealer after the order invite ?‍♂

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In a different thread I shared that several dealers told me today they already know they will receive at least 25 Lightnings in their allotment. I believe the dealers know, but they may not divulge.

Similarly, they may not say what your place is in line because if someone switches to dealerships and they have an earlier time stamp, you will be bumped further down the line.

I wish Ford simply made them all by the reservation time stamp and you selected your dealer like @vandy1981 said.
Sponsored