• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What did you drive before your Lightning?

What did you drive before your Lightning?

• Total voters

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
we had a couple of 2014 Nissan LEAFS, which is what we cut our 'ev teeth' on...
and a couple of 2014 Ford Focuses, with the infamous 'cvt' transmissions...

now, they are all gone, replaced by a leased '22 Kia Sorento PHEV three-row seating luxury SUV...
(this will be replaced by either a Ford Explorer EV, if available in early 2025, or something similar)

and a new '22 Ford LIGHTNING Pro(8yr/100k mile battery/powertrain Warranty)

and a 'newer' '19 Chevy BOLT LT(new battery, balance of new GM 8yr/100k mile battery Warranty)...
this was a private sale from an owner who had just received their new GM replacement battery.

and a recent addition of Another 'newer' '17 Chevy BOLT Premier (brand new battery, a new GM 12 month warranty, and a new GM 8yr/100k mile battery Warranty) This was a dealer purchase GM 'buyback' Bolt, including the new $4,000 'Used EV' Tax Credit inclusion.

interestingly, we sold a Focus and a LEAF last year for MORE than we originally paid for them, after
owning and driving them both for several years...
and...
we recently sold the other Focus and LEAF, just the other day, BOTH for our Full LISTING price on Facebook Marketplace... crazy times, but good times.

I don't own ANYTHING other than the Kia that requires Gas or Oil, not even any yard tools or lawn equipment - I'll let my grassman deal with those.
My Georgia Power electric bill is actually LESS now than it was before EVs arrived in my household, thanks to GaPower's overnight 'EV Charging' rate plan. I pay about $1 per day for EV charging. While my two youngest of four sons drive the BOLTs, they typically also charge for free on their college campuses, at least while they are still in school.
Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Traded the motor home for a 26’ travel trailer and tow it with our 2022 Star White Lariat ER.
We love our Lightning and feel lucky to have it. No more ICE vehicles for us 😎

IMG_0984.jpeg
How is your efficiency towing that?

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Leased a '22 Nissan Frontier to get me through between the Bolt buyback (tried cashing in on it but turned out I drove too much:LOL:).

Otherwise I drove my G8 often until putting the supercharger on it, kind of lost its charm after doing that.

First Name
Elia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I had the same year and model. Sadly my transmission was on its last legs when I decided to trade it in for the Lightning. Interesting thing is my wife has a 2018 Ford Expedition EL MAX and we just had the transmission replaced 2 months, thankfully covered by the extended warranty. Coincidence :unsure:?
My transmission went on the raptor at 97,000 miles covered by warranty but had to wait 6 months for replacement parts!!!

Sponsored

azypather

First Name
Azy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Merc GLe 350, 2018 VW Golf SE, 2023 F150 - L
Occupation
IT Consultant
2018 VW Golf SE. The Lightning is my first truck, 6 months into ownership I still think don't think I could park it properly without the cameras! That and the turning circle are the only minor gripes I have. Apart from that, I absolutely love my truck!

Kilimmaic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Before my F150 Lightning, I was driving a trusty old pickup truck, which has served me well over the years. However, I plan to sell it soon to make way for the Lightning's lightning-fast performance. By the way, for those wondering how to sell used cars https://tipsmake.com/6-tips-for-selling-used-cars-for-the-best-price, I'd recommend starting with a good clean-up and maintenance to showcase its value. Then, consider listing it on popular online platforms like Autotrader or Cars.com. Be honest about its condition and price it competitively to attract potential buyers.

Last edited:

DVader2023

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT, 65 Volkswagen Bug
Currently driving my 2nd Toyota Tacoma. I'm awaiting shipping, build finished 10/26.

Swivelhips

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT 312A
I hope I don’t make anyone jealous but I drove a 2006 Honda Civic Si which I bought new.

Sponsored

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
The last of the V8s
Ford F-150 Lightning What did you drive before your Lightning? IMG_0315

And this twin turbo road warrior.
Ford F-150 Lightning What did you drive before your Lightning? IMG_0261

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
Ram TRX IN 2022, Sierra Denali in 2023, LER for 2024. Jury is still out on whether I’m sticking with EV. Love how it drives, better than any truck I’ve driven. However coming up a little short for my use case. Been trying to make it work though.
Ford F-150 Lightning What did you drive before your Lightning? IMG_9239
Ford F-150 Lightning What did you drive before your Lightning? IMG_8657

Ford F-150 Lightning What did you drive before your Lightning? IMG_0922

THX1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
2001 F350 dually and a 2019 Nissan Leaf SL+. The Leaf was my daily commute driver. Mostly used the F350 to move across country and it needed more TLC than I cared to put into it. The lightning is perfect nirvana, between the two choices.

mobilelingual

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Traded in my 2018 Raptor and as much as I loved that truck, I only took it off-roading a handful of times. Realized how bouncy and loud it was inside (tire drone) when I was driving up to NC to trade it in for my Lightning. NO REGRETS! Fastest vehicle I've ever owned and I'll take paying for electricity over premium gas any day of the week! Just recently sold my 21 Genesis G80 to make the Lightning my daily driver.

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
2017 F-250 Lariat 4x4 Powerstroke, loved that truck but no longer needed it capabilities.

Love the Lightning just as much, it does just as good a job if not better at doing what I bought I for.
Sponsored