• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What did you drive before your Lightning?

What did you drive before your Lightning?

• Total voters

Wattsun

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Owner Landscape Co.
2023 F-250 HO
Ford F-150 Lightning What did you drive before your Lightning? IMG_0172
Sponsored

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
2023 F-250 HO
IMG_0172.jpeg
What did you think of the HO vs regular Powerstroke? I had a 2017 King Ranch with the Powerstroke. Great once it got moving, but had a decent amount of lag off the line or when initially hitting the gas. I always had to time it a little ahead of when I needed it. Once it got going though, it pulled like a freight train.

Wattsun

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Owner Landscape Co.
Wast of money unless you were pulling a Freight Train, I kept two 6.7's regulars for when needed over the H.O, and a gas 150 tremor
Ford F-150 Lightning What did you drive before your Lightning? IMG_0218.JPG
Ford F-150 Lightning What did you drive before your Lightning? IMG_0003
Ford F-150 Lightning What did you drive before your Lightning? IMG_0063

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Hyundai Ioniq 5, Audi Q5 Sportbak
Occupation
Pilot
I traded in my 2020 GMC Denali half ton with 3.0 Duramax. Always had GM and Toyota products. I really loved that truck and miss a few of the features (Heads up display and digital camera rear view mirror). I drove the Lightning expecting not to like it and ended up taking it home. First time with a Ford and so far very pleased.

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
I traded in my 2020 GMC Denali half ton with 3.0 Duramax. Always had GM and Toyota products. I really loved that truck and miss a few of the features (Heads up display and digital camera rear view mirror). I drove the Lightning expecting not to like it and ended up taking it home. First time with a Ford and so far very pleased.
Agree, I'm looking at aftermarket for options, but won't be the same as OEM. Ford is the last hold out on these; at least HUD is coming out for them in 2024. Also miss GM's towing, turning signal video. When the trailer was on and you switch lanes it will highlight your blindspot on the video screen and use video to view the lane next to you. Awesome feature and removes need for tow mirrors.

Sponsored
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Hyundai Ioniq 5, Audi Q5 Sportbak
Occupation
Pilot
Yes, the turn signal camera view when towing was great. Kia and Hyundai do this on almost all their vehicles now, towing or not towing. My wife has an Ioniq 5 and it is great to see the blind spot when you activate the turn signal.

Carieth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model y
Right now, we have a tesla model y, but we've agreed it'll stay with my wife, and I've been itching for something bigger for myself. I've been lusting after the f-150 lightning for a while, and I've finally gotten around to it.

samantha

First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Occupation
Manager
Before my Lightning, I drove a Ford F-150. The F-150 was reliable and versatile, suitable for everyday driving and occasional hauling. However, I upgraded to the Lightning for its enhanced performance, sporty design, and thrilling driving experience. The Lightning's powerful engine, agile handling, and unique styling make it a standout choice for enthusiasts. Overall, transitioning from the F-150 to the Lightning has been an exhilarating upgrade.

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ā€˜68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
Before my Lightning, I drove a Ford F-150. The F-150 was reliable and versatile, suitable for everyday driving and occasional hauling. However, I upgraded to the Lightning for its enhanced performance, sporty design, and thrilling driving experience. The Lightning's powerful engine, agile handling, and unique styling make it a standout choice for enthusiasts. Overall, transitioning from the F-150 to the Lightning has been an exhilarating upgrade.
ā€˜97 T100 that I sold to the gardener and it still comes to visit often. Hands down the most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned. It doesnā€™t hold a candle to the Lightning, now the most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned.

Ford F-150 Lightning What did you drive before your Lightning? IMG_1066

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 āš”XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
Drove a diesel RAM 1500 4x4 until it broke my heart leaving me stranded 300 miles from home for a $7 safety sensor going out. Have to say it was the best truck ever owned prior to Lightning until the failed part issue. Was sent a letter after I traded it saying I could get $8 for the Dieselgate scandal. Too late!
Ford F-150 Lightning What did you drive before your Lightning? 1711118811252-bl

Traded the RAM during the COVID/Chip Shortage and made $800 after driving it for two years for the Tesla Model 3. It was cool at first for my first EV but found out it was junk to drive on most roads. Mostly always bumpy and interior was cheaply made. The best part was the Infotainment system. Canā€™t be beat! Wish I could have taken the computer out of the Tesla and place it in the Lightning. Lol
Ford F-150 Lightning What did you drive before your Lightning? 1711119542216-nt

The last and most enjoyable is old faithful, my Harley Davidson MC. Have had this one through all the others, itā€™s a keeper.
Ford F-150 Lightning What did you drive before your Lightning? 1711119157047-0a

Sponsored

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Last vehicle (that we traded against the Lightning (spoiler: the dealer took a loss on it! Mwuahahahha!)) was a 2020 Toyota Tundra Limited. Don't miss it at all...I was over the moon about the Lightning about 5 minutes after leaving the dealership (well, technically before that during our test drive a few months prior). Never looking back. :)

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Last pickup, 2002 Screw. Made over a dozen round trips Oregon/Ft.Myers, wonderful trip rig, had over 250k miles & still running great when sold. No protection for bed, it was scratched and dented, but paint was good, the top of the steel cab however was rusted thru in at least two places. I got tired of the duct tape patches. :rolleyes:

Ford F-150 Lightning What did you drive before your Lightning? 2010 9-27 Grand Teton.JPG
Sponsored