• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Disappointment Thursday

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Still hoping for the best- I noticed under my reservation there is a preapproval certificate link now. Says approved up to $101k- guess Ford wants me to get the platinum
Sponsored

Tremelune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bunch
Wait, SR vs ER has different scheduling? I don't remember having a chance to specify anything...

I reserved the morning after, hoping for a Pro. Not looking great.

BoreBrotherBore

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
RF Engineer
Pro's have been sold out since wave 1. You will have to push your reservation to next MY.

Tremelune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bunch
I'm okay with waiting, I just need the deal to involve the $7,500 gubmint credit. If they raise prices on the cheapest offering or the credit diminishes, that'd probably kill it for me.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
Still hoping for the best- I noticed under my reservation there is a preapproval certificate link now. Says approved up to $101k- guess Ford wants me to get the platinum
Unfortunately that pre-approval cert doesn't mean anything. It's been on my reservation for a few weeks now and through at least one disappointing invite wave.

Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wait, SR vs ER has different scheduling? I don't remember having a chance to specify anything...

I reserved the morning after, hoping for a Pro. Not looking great.
Your reservation is just a theoretical place in line depending on how your dealer plays favorites and did not include any choices. We will specify trim, battery, etc when we finally get to order.

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Still no schedule date for my Lariat ER. I'm kind of surprised. No real options selected. I wonder if the paint color would delay it?

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
Your reservation is just a theoretical place in line depending on how your dealer plays favorites and did not include any choices. We will specify trim, battery, etc when we finally get to order.
almost true, im #1 on reservation list as well im #1 on the ranking list or whatever they call it and my order still hasnt been pulled for a date. This system is flawed in so many ways. Good news is to the first owners like the Bronco if you want an extra 20-30k you can flip it!

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
almost true, im #1 on reservation list as well im #1 on the ranking list or whatever they call it and my order still hasnt been pulled for a date. This system is flawed in so many ways. Good news is to the first owners like the Bronco if you want an extra 20-30k you can flip it!
Which is exactly what I meant by “theoretical”?

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
The difference is you were prioritized to place a Lightning order in front of everyone else at your dealer. Complaining that your order hasn’t been picked up for build yet really doesn’t fit in this thread.

The OP started this thread wishing good luck to those still waiting in the supposed line to place a Lightning order.

Yes the system is flawed when you allow people to move to the front of the order line.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bill from King Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
The difference is you were prioritized to place a Lightning order in front of everyone else at your dealer. Complaining that your order hasn’t been picked up for build yet really doesn’t fit in this thread.

The OP started this thread wishing good luck to those still waiting in the supposed line to place a Lightning order.

Yes the system is flawed when you allow people to move to the front of the order line.
Well said.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I'm okay with waiting, I just need the deal to involve the $7,500 gubmint credit.
It will either diminished by the time you get to order next year. It your order takes longer than early next year it might not even be around.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Actually looks like Manchin wants to play ball on climate subsidies again. We shall see if anything comes of it for us EV buyers!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Actually looks like Manchin wants to play ball on climate subsidies again. We shall see if anything comes of it for us EV buyers!
Maybe they should throw in a subsidy for coal fired steam cars as well to make sure he is onboard.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I'm okay with waiting, I just need the deal to involve the $7,500 gubmint credit. If they raise prices on the cheapest offering or the credit diminishes, that'd probably kill it for me.
I don't think Ford is capable of making 200K Lightnings in this first year. I thought the incentive went away only after they had reached the 200K production threshold. That's the reason you don't get an incentive if you buy a Tesla today.

Mike
Sponsored