• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

DISCOUNTED Extended Warranty in California

TBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER+Tow Tech & Max Tow; Anti Matter Blue
Much to my dismay I recently discovered that I am not eligible to buy the extended warranty (I am in California) from Granger Ford, due to some new regulation.

Has anyone else run into this problem, have you found an alternative solution for a discounted Extended Warranty.
Sponsored

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Noooo! What’s left for us?

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
what regulation? Nvm googled it. California requires warranty to be sold by in state dealers only.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
That's strange, I didn't run into that problem when I got my quote. That said, I didn't end up buying it from them (nor from Flood Ford) because I brought it into the dealership and they matched it. I suggest taking a printout of your quote from Granger and bringing it into the office and see how closely they'll match.

Sponsored

Tyler Durden

First Name
Cornelius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, F150 Lightning Lariat ER
That's strange, I didn't run into that problem when I got my quote. That said, I didn't end up buying it from them (nor from Flood Ford) because I brought it into the dealership and they matched it. I suggest taking a printout of your quote from Granger and bringing it into the office and see how closely they'll match.
Same...is this a new rule for California I wonder? As soon as I mentioned Granger, my dealer caved and immediately matched. This was October 2022.

Bigisland Guy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat SR Build group 10/24/2022
Occupation
Property Mgmt
My Dealer also price-matched Granger, My dealer was Fairway. (The only thing they did correct!), but it was at the height of demand. I can now see MY23 Lightnings at dealer lots in SC that are not moving and aren't demos (green stickers). Early guys had the advantage of giving the dealers a gift horse, now that inventory is rising and green window stickers are showing for canceled orders on the lots, they are probably going to try to milk you on the warranty, so shop around for the warranty.

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Same...is this a new rule for California I wonder? As soon as I mentioned Granger, my dealer caved and immediately matched. This was October 2022.
I am going to try this. I'll put in a different state online on Granger and see if my local dealer will match it.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I am going to try this. I'll put in a different state online on Granger and see if my local dealer will match it.
I suspect your dealer is going to laugh, because they know you cannot buy it from Granger. Good luck!
Sponsored