• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do I get My22 Pricing for a Pro?

Pattyboy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2014
When I went to order my Pro last year, I had my ordered extended on Jan 22, 2022, then I finally got to Order in August 2022. I got my window sticker recently and shows 60k at the bottom, which is wildly different from 39k obviously. Any suggestions/recourse? Thanks
Sponsored

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
If you ordered in August your dealer should honor the MSRP at time of order, sticker will follow most current Ford pricing. You'll first receive a $7,000 "private cast offer" (PCO) in Smart Vincent for the 22-23 model year changeover, and your dealer should add additional price adjustments to bring you back down to the original MSRP. You should request the invoice price from the DORA when they accepted your order back in August (MSRP on that should've been $46,974 before options).

Went through the same with my truck, luckily there was only $5,000 in price protection to be applied. Be aware that many dealers are requiring buyers to front the difference to sticker to be reimbursed by Ford within 90 days. See thread here.

spadesaspade

First Name
Spadeit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning, Hyundai Sonata

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
If you ordered in August your dealer should honor the MSRP at time of order, sticker will follow most current Ford pricing. You'll first receive a $7,000 "private cast offer" (PCO) in Smart Vincent for the 22-23 model year changeover, and your dealer should add additional price adjustments to bring you back down to the original MSRP. You should request the invoice price from the DORA when they accepted your order back in August (MSRP on that should've been $46,974 before options).

Went through the same with my truck, luckily there was only $5,000 in price protection to be applied. Be aware that many dealers are requiring buyers to front the difference to sticker to be reimbursed by Ford within 90 days. See thread here.

Hi Boggle, You seem to know a lot about this and I'm supposed to pick up my truck today from my dealer.

My sticker price and the price my dealer is giving my is $58,369.00. My order tracker price is here:

Ford F-150 Lightning Do I get My22 Pricing for a Pro? Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 2.07.57 PM

The dealer is stating that the difference in price is the $7k private offer, which they are taking off after taxes. Is that correct? I thought the price I pay should be the price of the truck when I placed the order in August and then the $7k and 5k price protection comes off after that to bring the truck down to around 40k. My dealer is also not offering the price protection, but says they will cut a check if they receive the check in 90 days.

My dealer seems very hostile at the moment when I tried asking them why the truck is not $51,974.00 like what it says on my tracker. I just want to do my homework before speaking with them again.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Hi Boggle, You seem to know a lot about this and I'm supposed to pick up my truck today from my dealer.

My sticker price and the price my dealer is giving my is $58,369.00. My order tracker price is here:

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 2.07.57 PM.png

The dealer is stating that the difference in price is the $7k private offer, which they are taking off after taxes. Is that correct? I thought the price I pay should be the price of the truck when I placed the order in August and then the $7k and 5k price protection comes off after that to bring the truck down to around 40k. My dealer is also not offering the price protection, but says they will cut a check if they receive the check in 90 days.

My dealer seems very hostile at the moment when I tried asking them why the truck is not $51,974.00 like what it says on my tracker. I just want to do my homework before speaking with them again.
Application of tax regardingly rebates/incentives/price adjustments varies from state to state. Here in CT they are post-tax, another NY member here may be able to chime in, but I imagine it's the same for you guys. Trust me I fought this as well, as pre-tax application would've kept me under the CT luxury tax (7.75%) threshold of $50K. It is what it is.

With regards to the price protection application, you're sadly at the mercy of your dealer. Ford will not help here. It's clear they don't want to honor the price up front, so I'd press your dealer to confirm (ideally in writing) that you indeed are eligible for price protection, and that it will be forwarded onto you once they are reimbursed by Ford in 30-60 days in their DPS statement. Dealers received memos regarding price protection on these vehicles (see attached for the first two price level increases), but will plead ignorance as they can pocket the difference by playing dumb. Keep pressuring them, your MSRP is what is on the DORA when you first placed the order. They are the ones that accepted that order, they should make right on the price one way or the other.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Sponsored

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Application of tax regardingly rebates/incentives/price adjustments varies from state to state. Here in CT they are post-tax, another NY member here may be able to chime in, but I imagine it's the same for you guys. Trust me I fought this as well, as pre-tax application would've kept me under the CT luxury tax (7.75%) threshold of $50K. It is what it is.

With regards to the price protection application, you're sadly at the mercy of your dealer. Ford will not help here. It's clear they don't want to honor the price up front, so I'd press your dealer to confirm (ideally in writing) that you indeed are eligible for price protection, and that it will be forwarded onto you once they are reimbursed by Ford in 30-60 days in their DPS statement. Dealers received memos regarding price protection on these vehicles (see attached for the first two price level increases), but will plead ignorance as they can pocket the difference by playing dumb. Keep pressuring them, your MSRP is what is on the DORA when you first placed the order. They are the ones that accepted that order, they should make right on the price one way or the other.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, that does help. I still have one concern though. I'm OK with waiting for my price protection check if that is the only option, but I'm not sure how much of a check I should expect. The sticker price and the price on my order tracker is different by $4,000. Should I expect to see a price protection check for $4,000 and a price protection price for $5,000 from when I place my order back in August?

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Thanks, that does help. I still have one concern though. I'm OK with waiting for my price protection check if that is the only option, but I'm not sure how much of a check I should expect. The sticker price and the price on my order tracker is different by $4,000. Should I expect to see a price protection check for $4,000 and a price protection price for $5,000 from when I place my order back in August?
I was only subject to a single price level adjustment, so I got a single check directly from my dealer for $5,000 (PL325) once they were reimbursed by Ford. I imagine your dealer will be reimbursed on their DPS for both price level adjustments at once for the +$5K and +$4K increases (PL325 and PL330, respectively), and your dealer will just cut you a single check for $9,000. Just be aware your purchase order at time of sale is going to show the higher sticker price, not your order tracker price and they'll expect you to come up with the difference because your dealer is frankly too cheap to sell at the price they agreed to back in August.

Edit: Worth noting price level adjustments aren't unique to the Lightning, they happen several times with other vehicles throughout the calendar year. Any Ford dealer should well versed and familiar with this process.
Sponsored

Last edited: