• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do you guys think the XLT EXT battery is a good deal??

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
That price for an XLT extended range seems like a pretty good deal to me. Nice find, unless you want any creature comforts that might be missing I'd jump on it. I debated long whether to go XLT or Lariat and in the end I decided I didn't want to spend this much and not have the comforts so I opted for Lariat. Everyone's needs are different though, if your needs are met by the XLT, that's a bargain.
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
This is incorrect. The income requirements will still apply and you can only claim the credit once every three years.
where is this "once every thee years" coming from? AFAIK, you can take the tax credit can be taken as often as you buy EV.

OP
OP

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf SV+, 2016 Ram Big Horn
Occupation
watchmaker
where is this "once every thee years" coming from? AFAIK, you can take the tax credit can be taken as often as you buy EV.
Mutliple sites say the $4000 USED EV TAX CREDIT can only be taken once every 3 years.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/taxes/ev-tax-credit-electric-vehicle-tax-credit#:~:text=Vehicle must weigh less than,Internal Revenue Service.

This of course does not apply to new EV purchases. I reread my posts and got them confused because the person I was speaking to was talking about the used tax credit initially and then we switched to the new tax credit. Sorry for the confusion.

OP
OP

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
watchmaker
That price for an XLT extended range seems like a pretty good deal to me. Nice find, unless you want any creature comforts that might be missing I'd jump on it. I debated long whether to go XLT or Lariat and in the end I decided I didn't want to spend this much and not have the comforts so I opted for Lariat. Everyone's needs are different though, if your needs are met by the XLT, that's a bargain.
I'm in the process of comparing the 311A from the 2022 XLT EXT RANGE vs the 312A on the XLT EXT RANGE. Also, this truck is technically 10 months old now so there that much less warranty. As best as I can tell, it was ordered by a large fleet company that "flipped" several trucks for profit until the good times ran out and now just want to get rid of it.

I'm trying to find out if I can get it Ford Certified or if it would still qualify for a Ford extended warranty.

It seems like it doesn't have heated seats which is probably a deal breaker for me. Here is a link to the turck if someone is interested. It is misadvertised in several places (as a pro or a standard range) but if you look at the window sticker, you will see it is in fact a XLT extended range with the 311A package and Pro Power 9.6 and tailgate step. MSRP was $65k but I don't think you can order a new exended range truck now for less than $73k.

https://www.nextgearmotor.com/vdp/1...50-Lightning-XLT-for-sale-in-Raleigh-NC-27603

Last edited:

Sponsored

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Long story short, I initially purchased a pro with the regular battery and went on a short road trip and there is absolutely no way I would drive with a standard battery ever again. As a rule get the biggest battery possible. I took it back, purchased a lariat extended range, and have been extremely pleased ever since.

When I say there is no way I would purchase a standard battery on this truck, I mean it.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Found a 22 XLT with EXT range battery and 9.6 pro power. It's a package 310A truck with 18" wheels that was ordered for fleet sales. Approx 10 months old with less than 300 miles on it for $62,622 OTD.
Personally I think it's high, unless OTD includes sales tax in which case it's still a bit high.

A new one is $73,200 - $7500 (assuming you qualify for the credit) - $500 ( assuming you qualify for the incentives).

That's $65,200.
Ford also offers 3.9% interest as an incentive.

Over the course of your ownership a new might not be all that much more expensive, plus in 2-3 months a 2022 will be "two years" old. I'd sit tight until the end of the year and see how the market plays out.

OP
OP

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
watchmaker
Personally I think it's high, unless OTD includes sales tax in which case it's still a bit high.

A new one is $73,200 - $7500 (assuming you qualify for the credit) - $500 ( assuming you qualify for the incentives).

That's $65,200.
Ford also offers 3.9% interest as an incentive.

Over the course of your ownership a new might not be all that much more expensive, plus in 2-3 months a 2022 will be "two years" old. I'd sit tight until the end of the year and see how the market plays out.
That price did include all taxes and registration fees but I came to the same conclusion as you so I offered them $60k OTD which they would not accept. The truck is still available AFAIK if someone wants to buy it.