• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dumb Question about Child Locks

nash_diego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Model 3, Pacifica Hybrid
How do I turn them off? I followed the instructions in the manual which was to rotate the switch in the rear doors the proper direction. I did that. But the kids still can't open the doors from the inside if they're in the rear seats. Even if I hit unlock. Still no luck. What am I missing? Thanks!
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
If the child locks are off, on the rear doors you must still pull the door handled on the inside TWICE. The first pull unlocks the door, the second pull will open the door.

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
The same is happening for me! I have to try the twice pull to see if it opens. Is there a way to just remove the child safety latch? I showed it to the service technician at dealer and he mentioned it may be installed backwards but did not fix it. This was during a cell replacement so I was more concerned with that.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
How do I turn them off? I followed the instructions in the manual which was to rotate the switch in the rear doors the proper direction. I did that. But the kids still can't open the doors from the inside if they're in the rear seats. Even if I hit unlock. Still no luck. What am I missing? Thanks!
How do I turn off child lock on Ford F150?
Child Safety - Child Safety Locks
Child Safety - Child Safety Locks

A child safety lock is on the rear edge of each rear door. You must set the child safety lock separately on each door. Turn the key clockwise to switch the child lock on and counter clockwise to switch it off.
Ford F-150 Lightning Dumb Question about Child Locks 1707394285423

In my Lightning
Ford F-150 Lightning Dumb Question about Child Locks 1707395055083

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I guess mine must be off, my 9 year old has no problem opening the door. You've got me curious if he's figured out the double pull, I'll have to ask him when I get home. I certainly never told him, never heard that till now.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I guess mine must be off, my 9 year old has no problem opening the door. You've got me curious if he's figured out the double pull, I'll have to ask him when I get home. I certainly never told him, never heard that till now.
Well, if you didn't turn them on, then they of course are off.