• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Does anyone know if "tailgate lift assist" also means the tailgate is damped when opened. Kyle from Out if spec mentioned on the Pro that the tailgate was not damped open. One of those little features that I really like on my Colorado..
If you get a Pro or XLT 311a (base model XLT non ER) it does not include the power tail gate or dampers up or down. You can buy a damper strut on Amazon/online that only does the dampering down only no lift assist
Sponsored

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
If you get a Pro or XLT 311a (base model XLT non ER) it does not include the power tail gate or dampers up or down. You can buy a damper strut on Amazon/online that only does the dampering down only no lift assist
Thanks, yeah I have an XLT 311a ordered, looks like I'll be ordering either an Amazon damper or an OEM one preferably.