• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is your age bracket?

• Total voters

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I’m 55. Never owned a truck before and really excited. I’ve owned four Fords.

I’m asking because I’m curious in general, plus my father extended his reservation in hopes of getting a Pro for 2023. He’s 81 and will be 82 this summer and he knows on the second go around he might have to order an XLT. He’s super excited!

I make videos and plan on making a short video about him and his F-150 he’s always wanted during his life. He’s in excellent shape and works out every morning and will probably outlive me.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Early 40's here, I have owned lots of Ford's ( big Mustang fan) and this will be my 4th F150

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD EX, '20 Edge SEL
29, I've only ever owned Fords. This will be the second F150 we have owned.

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
Mid 50s. This will be my first F-150. Previous Fords include a notchback 5.0 Mustang, a Probe GT, a couple of Ranger Splashes, a Focus Wagon, two Fusion Hybrids, two Explorers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
50, never owed a Ford, never thought I would. I generally stick with Korean or Japanese manufacturers.

However, I am not a "buy the badge" sort of person. I am more of a "buy the best for my needs, whatever that may be", and the lightning ticks all those boxes.

Its funny, because the one "badge" that I had been really drawn to is Toyota - the only Marque that I have owned more than 1 of, has so badly dropped the ball on the EV revolution - and indeed acted directly contrary to EV adoption has moved from my "preferred" list to my "probably never again" list along with VW. (I got caught up in Dieselgate).

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
after owning vehicles for over 40 years, and starting with the iconic Ford Mustang convertible, the 1966 'classic' version, I realized the other day that yes, most of the time there was a FORD in the mix of all my vehicles, but I also realized that I actually owned a CHEVROLET, but only for about a year.

Wow, that puts things in perspective. I did have some great years with the Jeep wrangler thing, especially in '07 when I ordered the brand New JK 4-Door version, which feels a LOT like the current feelings around waiting for this new Great LIGHTNING that we are all so excited about.

Ford hit the nail on the head with this one:
-young folks will WANT an EV, for most that's ALL they stomach moving toward.
-us 'old' folks who've already owned trucks, especially Fords, will migrate EASILY to this same vehicle, even if it IS an EV...

well, except for my father-in-law, who is still mulling that this whole 'electric vehicle' thing is NEVER going to work : /
Maybe I can change his mind in a month or so : )

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
62, I've owned 5 previous F-150s, including the first generation Raptor. I'm currently driving a Ram, my first Ram, and I really like it. But I'm excited for the new Lightning.

Ford F-150 Lightning Age of F-150 Lightning Owners [Vote in Poll] 2012-09-26 16.17.14

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
I'm 35. Currently driving a 2008 F150 5.4 XLT HDPP (extended cab with 8' box) that we use for the farm as my car was a total loss due to some idiot cutting me off.

tkittlitz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14Ram1500ED, 20FordEscapeHybrid, 22LightningOrder
Early 40's here. The lightning will be my 3rd truck (#1 was 1999 GMC 2500, #2 was a 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel).

I am very excited for the Lightning, and the features it offers. Also powering the truck with Solar is big plus for me.

Sponsored

LagSwag1

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
GM Software Engineer
28. Work for GM. This will be my 5th Ford (ranger, fusion, fusion, mustang) and 3rd truck (ranger, silverado)

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Early 40s. First Ford for me, and second American vehicle after Tesla. My family though had an LTD station wagon and then an Aerostar for most of my childhood as well as an F150 work truck in our driveway.

I have a bit of country loyalty, owning three Hondas, two Mazdas, and a Toyota. I never really thought I'd own a Ford (or even a new vehicle), but the Japanese are hard asleep at the wheel when it comes to EVs, and it is hard to go back to gas for anything but fun after daily driving an EV. Let's hope Ford gets it right.

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
Just turned 50. 5th Ford after owning 4 diesel Excursions when the kids were younger. Best family car ever!

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
45 years old here.

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L is the first Ford I've owned (bought in 2009).
Previously:
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE in 2002
1994 Chevy Cavalier RS in 1997 (co-owned with brother)

In my opinion, the Fords are built better than Chevy (considering that my parents bought mainly GM products)

Last edited:

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
39 and this will be my 4th Ford. My wife and I had a Volvo and two VWs, a Beetle when I married her and the ID.4.

After the Lightning we’ll have zero engines at all in our house!
Sponsored