• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Early 2024, the following will be available for online customer orders:
  • The F-150 Lightning Pro with standard range will be available for order starting at $49,995
  • The F-150 Lightning XLT with standard range will be available for order starting at $57,495
  • The F-150 Lightning Flash with extended range will be available for order starting at $69,995
  • The F-150 Lightning Lariat with extended range will be available for order starting at $77,495
  • The F-150 Lightning Platinum with extended range will be available for order starting at $89,995
  • The limited-edition F-150 Lightning Platinum Black with extended range will be available for order at $97,995
Interesting, no extended range options for pro or xlt? Flash gets Er, like a Lariat with cloth seats. Might fit these subsidies everyone keeps yammering about.
Sponsored

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
I wonder what won't be spared from a subscription service model!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I spent 10 minutes reading everything twice to see if Ford made the 350 mile range claim on current vehicles or The Verge just wrote an incorrect article.

Looks like it's just TheVerge being wrong this time unless we are getting some sort of software unlock in the future. Off Topic, but my truck with 40,000 miles is showing 99% battery health.

Smart move by Ford to offer this greatest hits model as it will become the new sweet spot for sales. It appears that BlueCruise will just get a short trial subscription with this model based on the verbiage of the press release.
I think that 90 days is all anyone will get free going forward with Blue Cruise. Pretty sure I recall reading that for ‘24.

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'm sure that would be especially useful in Wisconsin.
I’d expect a heat pump to cut the “Climate” energy usage (for heating the cab) by up to 50%- unless it’s cold out (under 25deg, there’s very little ambient heat to “pump”). How much energy usage for “Climate” on a Lightning in winter? Is cutting that number in half (by using a heat pump when temps are above 25deg) really going to add significant range from a charge?
And, will the heat pump be used only for cab heating, or will it also be used to maintain battery warmth?

Sponsored
OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I wonder what won't be spared from a subscription service model!
Intermittent windshield wipers?

Interesting, no extended range options for pro or xlt? Flash gets Er, like a Lariat with cloth seats. Might fit these subsidies everyone keeps yammering about.
Conversely, possibly no standard range option for the Lariat. That would make sense since they seemed to have a hard time moving the Lariat SR models that they built for dealer stock.

And, will the heat pump be used only for cab heating, or will it also be used to maintain battery warmth?
Another question is whether the Max Tow trucks will retain dual compressors in addition to the heat pump.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I spent 10 minutes reading everything twice to see if Ford made the 350 mile range claim on current vehicles or The Verge just wrote an incorrect article.

Looks like it's just TheVerge being wrong this time unless we are getting some sort of software unlock in the future. Off Topic, but my truck with 40,000 miles is showing 99% battery health.

Smart move by Ford to offer this greatest hits model as it will become the new sweet spot for sales. Other Notes and Changes
Only a BlueCruise Trial of 90 days on Flash

Differences between 511a Lariat and Flash (all speculation)
No Moonroof (none in image)
No Second Row heated seats
No heated steering wheel
No phone as a key
No heated or cooled front seats
No mention of onboard scales
No Ford Charge Station Pro included

- Personally, other than the moonroof and the fact that I would have to buy a charge station pro separately, these aren't deal breakers for me.
Thanks for the summary. Helped a lot to understand this new trim. And I agree -- the lack of the moon roof would be the thing I'd miss most. Well...also, the lack of heated steering wheel and heated front seats would be a show stopper for me also.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Interesting. I guess the Flash is what I would have wanted when I originally ordered my Lariat.

I did want the ER battery, and the tech and tow, but definitely didn't want the moonroof that I'm stuck with. Yeah that would have been perfect a year ago.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The pittance in energy savings from the heat pump will be more than offset by needing more HVAC use due to no heated seats/steering wheel. Hopefully they are available as an option.

The main impetus for this model may be to get a more premium trim level under the $80K tax credit limit.

I likely would have chosen this trim level instead of the Lariat had it been available as long as heated seats and steering wheel could be added.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Interesting. I guess the Flash is what I would have wanted when I originally ordered my Lariat.

I did want the ER battery, and the tech and tow, but definitely didn't want the moonroof that I'm stuck with. Yeah that would have been perfect a year ago.
Ditto!

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER

Smart move by Ford to offer this greatest hits model as it will become the new sweet spot for sales. Other Notes and Changes
Only a BlueCruise Trial of 90 days on Flash

Differences between 511a Lariat and Flash (all speculation)
No Moonroof (none in image)
No Second Row heated seats
No heated steering wheel
No phone as a key
No heated or cooled front seats
No mention of onboard scales
No Ford Charge Station Pro included

- Personally, other than the moonroof and the fact that I would have to buy a charge station pro separately, these aren't deal breakers for me.
I'm not sure about that. The photos showed heated seats and wheel.

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Seems odd that Ford would only offer the heat pump on this single trim. Maybe it's a supply chain issue? or a UAW issue? or another "quality control" issue? 2025 might be the magic year with heat pump and NACS connector.
Guaranteed all the ER trucks get the heat pump for 2024 and maybe even the SR trucks.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Ha. Just had mine replaced under warranty. The warp is a design feature. My new one is warped exactly the same.
The stock photo is either photoshopped or they figured out a way to, what looks like, add reverse warp to the center of the speaker cover!

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I'm not sure about that. The photos showed heated seats and wheel.
It would be unusual for them to remove heated seats because it would have a negative effect on the EPA range calculation.
Sponsored