• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
General Manager
Please give us a like and subscribe. We'll be doing more Lightning videos in the future.
Did the updated piggy-back harness ever get updated to just use that? I just got my badge from Ford 1 week ago and not sure if this is the old one, or new updated plug.
Sponsored

Sepi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
Did the updated piggy-back harness ever get updated to just use that? I just got my badge from Ford 1 week ago and not sure if this is the old one, or new updated plug.
Probably not I know everyone was claiming Putco would have one in months almost a year ago. I just put on my rear OEM mud flaps today and realized how awful a fit they were due to being designed for the regular F150 not the Lightning really despite having the Lightning badge. Just shit design in general though and don't look very polished on the install materials as a whole.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Probably not I know everyone was claiming Putco would have one in months almost a year ago. I just put on my rear OEM mud flaps today and realized how awful a fit they were due to being designed for the regular F150 not the Lightning really despite having the Lightning badge. Just shit design in general though and don't look very polished on the install materials as a whole.
Do your mudflaps say Lightning on them? Mine fit perfectly.

Sepi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do your mudflaps say Lightning on them? Mine fit perfectly.
They do I feel like they should be a bit more flush though tried tweaking a few times even without bolts it just doesn't lay totally flush. I'm a bit annoyed with the hardware showing too like the brass clips like finish stuff in black or something IDK they were free with points so maybe I shouldn't be annoyed.

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
General Manager
Yeah I thought the post for for oem one that I have. Was wondering if the for one is plug and play yet.

Sponsored

Sepi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah I thought the post for for oem one that I have. Was wondering if the for one is plug and play yet.
I believe both are actually made by Putco? Either way the harness would/should work for either just doesn't exist and likely won't for a while stuff like this annoys me. I need to buy a new 3D printer I bought one years ago and printed my own harness for tweeters in one of my cars that no one made.

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
General Manager
Someone said there was a green wire in the harness that’s cut. Is this the harness that was already on the Ford or the harness that came with the emblem? The green wire is not cut in my emblem, and I got it directly from Ford, but it is a Putco part because of the instruction manual. Don’t see anywhere to plug this harness in though I took the grill back off but the harness that’s on factory is a different kind of plug.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Someone said there was a green wire in the harness that’s cut. Is this the harness that was already on the Ford or the harness that came with the emblem? The green wire is not cut in my emblem, and I got it directly from Ford, but it is a Putco part because of the instruction manual. Don’t see anywhere to plug this harness in though I took the grill back off but the harness that’s on factory is a different kind of plug.
It's cut in the middle of the plastic loom. There is nowhere to plug it in, you have to run the provided harness back to a fuse panel.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. 20230420_201335

Sponsored
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
General Manager
It's cut in the middle of the plastic loom. There is nowhere to plug it in, you have to run the provided harness back to a fuse panel.

20230420_201335.jpg
Thank you. I was looking in the main harness and then had a light bulb go off and looked here. Just finished and it works perfect. Thank you.

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
For anyone that has done this, could you tell me the front camera part number? is it ML3T-19G490-BC? looking to add the front camera to my truck along with this emblem.

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Just did this install today. Went pretty well. I purchased the emblem from Ford and wired the Green wire back together. I doubt the one from Putco is any brighter. This thing is extremely bright. Any brighter and it would be a headlight. Looks great with the Pro grill. The matte finish plastic on the Pro grill and this emblem is a near perfect match.

I just had trouble with the fuse. the fuse they gave me was very tight to the other fuse below it and I ended u0p breaking it trying to force it in. Ended up having to run to AutoZone to purchase another 5A fuse for $7 :(:mad:.

I used Fuse 22 because I like the emblem to stay lit for a bit when the car it parked. When I went out to get another use, I put the fuse in the top spot so that the emblem was lit and left the bottom port open and strangely enough the emblem stayed lit when the headlights were on and turned off when the headlights turned off... Which was, IMO, perfect behavior. With both fuse ports filled, the emblem stays on much longer than the headlights. No idea why and no idea what this fuse does. My headlights worked regardless if there was a fuse or not, but my directionals were clicking fast which normally indicates that your blinker light is out.
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. PXL_20230519_152623686

I also wired my Powertrax cover today:

Jsfrye

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat SR
I installed the Putco today in my Lariart. Its not working. I used fuse 48 (rear seat warmers, 20 amp). Im thinking i should try another fuse.
Update: i did not know I needed to use the original fuse and the fuse from the kit. I also decided to use fuse 22 (one above 48). My SR Lariat does not have rear seat warmers (no button in the back of the console), so not sure why I have a fuse 48.
also my Putco emblem (from Amazon) has the startup animation

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. IMG_5447

Last edited:

Jsfrye

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat SR
Has anyone resolved the radio interference issue when wiring to the fuse box?
Sponsored