• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front LED Ford Emblem

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Not bad at all. I used a but splice and taped for security. Just test directly to batt before you button everything up.
Sponsored

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E
Occupation
SWE
I will verify one thing when the part arrives but heads up to any 2023 Lariats looking to do this, you may have to buy the newer part I linked because I believe the camera sprayer is removed from 2023 models.

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
I will verify one thing when the part arrives but heads up to any 2023 Lariats looking to do this, you may have to buy the newer part I linked because I believe the camera sprayer is removed from 2023 models.
' I believe the camera sprayer is removed from 2023 models'

that sucks!

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
' I believe the camera sprayer is removed from 2023 models'

that sucks!
It's easy to add the camera sprayer if you are replacing your front Emblem. My 23 Pro now has a front camera sprayer, extra parts were around $30 I think.

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E
Occupation
SWE
It's easy to add the camera sprayer if you are replacing your front Emblem. My 23 Pro now has a front camera sprayer, extra parts were around $30 I think.
Ah, good to know! I already did order the part without the sprayer but good callout for everyone else

Storm Breaker

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
truck driver
i too used that video step by step. worked great. i used " solder seal wire connectors" for the green wire.

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Started looking into this, called my local dealer to find this part, they found 2 parts
vml3z8a224f and vml3z8a224g, first one LED, and second one for Halogen, however they said this does not fit the lightning, I could not convince the person that it does fit :-(
Should I buy it and go for it?

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E
Occupation
SWE
Okay, I just finished this today. A couple of things I learned

1) If your truck doesn't have the sprayer, like my 2023 Lariat, the clips and routing that the sprayer hose provides is not there. Be sure to order something like these clips before you start. See attached pics of me applying tape as a temporary holding method until the above clips were delivered. Pic 2 shows the clips in place. Also buy some wire loom for some protection and clean finish.

2) The part I ordered is `VML3Z-8A224-G` , "For LED Projectors, For Vehicles with Front Camera, w/o Washer Nozzle". I honestly didn't even try the harness that it comes with, so it doesn't really matter. I used the fuse install like in the video

3) For the above part, there is a small cap where the sprayer nozzle would be. I recommend applying a stronger glue here as it came off too easily for me.

4) Definitely take the time to use a butt splice on the green wire in the wire loom attached to the emblem, to enable the startup sequence.

5) Have a second hand around to help you hold the grill steady when you're finishing up the front end (ie connecting the camera and emblem wires at the end)

Thank you @ooSHAZAMoo for the tips! @jcharnet definitely go for it. I order my parts from FairwayFordParts

Ford F-150 Lightning Front LED  Ford Emblem IMG_4650.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning Front LED  Ford Emblem IMG_4651.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
IMO paying $250 plus the effort of installing is too much to better advertise for Ford. If I'm going to pay that kind of money, I'd want to replace it with something more fun. An animated lightning strike for example, or something that looks like a flux capacitor from Back to the Future, or a warp core from Star Trek.

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Thank you! I will be ordering it. How easy was it to reconnect the green wire?

Not bad at all. just used a butte splice and taped it to be extra sure. Just test it straight to the battery before you run the wire and button everything
back up.

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Medicine
IMO paying $250 plus the effort of installing is too much to better advertise for Ford. If I'm going to pay that kind of money, I'd want to replace it with something more fun. An animated lightning strike for example, or something that looks like a flux capacitor from Back to the Future, or a warp core from Star Trek.
💯 This for front and rear emblems
Sponsored