• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I still dont see the Lightning arriving before the fourth quarter next year. Too many problems with suppliers that cant deliver and that's not going to end any time soon.
Explain. It's mostly an f150, they'll just build less ice trucks and more Lightnings
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I got a call from my dealer today. He said orders will begin in February. Jerry's Ford in Leesburg.

I said Huh??? How do you figure that, and off what information?

He also told me X-plan wouldn't be available. When I asked if it was his dealer making the dealer policy on it, or if Ford just released something, he had no clue.

Weird thing is, I never called them. The Dealer called ME to tell me things they weren't even sure about.. it was odd.

I agree. We all need to stop listening to dealers as if they are Ford themselves.
LOL I could tell you stories about Jerrys Ford in Annandale-- don't know if their Leesburg store has the same level of sketchiness.

I walked out of a deal(Annandale store) when they tried to add $8000 ADM onto a Ford Escape Hybrid in 2005. Never set foot in one of their dealers again...either for service or purchase.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I still dont see the Lightning arriving before the fourth quarter next year. Too many problems with suppliers that cant deliver and that's not going to end any time soon.
Yeah, I don't see that happening. They'll cut ICE production to support an EV rollout if thats what it takes. This is too big to screw up, and f150 is Fords cash cow....

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
LOL I could tell you stories about Jerrys Ford in Annandale-- don't know if their Leesburg store has the same level of sketchiness.

I walked out of a deal(Annandale store) when they tried to add $8000 ADM onto a Ford Escape Hybrid in 2005. Never set foot in one of their dealers again...either for service or purchase.
Are we allowed to switch dealers twice? I already switched from Malloy to these people.

Sponsored

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'03 Z4, 13' Model S, 23' Mach E
This email was sent to a Lightning reservation holder about a possible delay of the order banks until December 2021 (although still due to arrive mid-2022).

ford-lightning-order-banks-delay-jpg.486.jpeg
The only thing we've received from Ford officially is the request that we price lightning in our systems for ordering to open 10/26. There has been no communication from Ford signalling that has been moved, it still shows 10/26 on our pricing system as of this afternoon.

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
I love all the hand wringing simply because Ford tells us everything already.
Orders begin Fall 2021 so sometime by December 21st order banks will open. Also from the FAQ we will be notified BEFORE they open, is that a week? A day? 5 minutes? I don’t personally know but we can probably surmise from the MME launch and Bronco process a little bit.

I’m going to go out on a limb and predict they open Late November at the latest simply for investor sentiment purposes. This will allow them time to gauge order conversion from reservations, confirm production targets by trim, etc just prior to EOY financials and give them a big carrot to dangle at the earnings call. Chip shortages and other delays are probably going to hurt their 2020 numbers so to prevent a pullback they need some positive forward looking statements.

Ordering for the F-150 Lightning will begin fall 2021. You will be notified prior to when the F-150 Lightning ordering windows open to finalize and confirm your selection and agree on pricing with your dealer.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Orders begin Fall 2021 so sometime by December 21st order banks will open. Also from the FAQ we will be notified BEFORE they open, is that a week? A day? 5 minutes? I don’t personally know but we can probably surmise from the MME launch and Bronco process a little bit.

I’m going to go out on a limb and predict they open Late November at the latest simply for investor sentiment purposes. This will allow them time to gauge order conversion from reservations, confirm production targets by trim, etc just prior to EOY financials and give them a big carrot to dangle at the earnings call. Chip shortages and other delays are probably going to hurt their 2020 numbers so to prevent a pullback they need some positive forward looking statements.

Ordering for the F-150 Lightning will begin fall 2021. You will be notified prior to when the F-150 Lightning ordering windows open to finalize and confirm your selection and agree on pricing with your dealer.
This post is WAY too level headed and the information seems too easy to confirm. Where is the sarcasm, speculation, drama and misinformation?

Please have it removed from the forum.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

You will be notified after the site has gone live, at least that was my experience with the Bronco and Mach-E. There was no heads up, just an e-mail with the link.

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
Yes. Look at sheehy they‘ve been good to deal with.
Thanks... that's who I bought the 2020 Mustang thru last year. I think I will make the Ford Markwting call on Monday.

Does anyone have any experiences with other dealers in NoVa?

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Worth noting my dealer just told me this: "I just spoke with my manager. As of right now the official order date is still the 26th. We have not received any notification from Ford to indicate otherwise. If anything does change we will certainly let you know, but we are still on track for the 26th!"

We will know soon ;)

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Are we allowed to switch dealers twice? I already switched from Malloy to these people.
Yes, I actually just did it yesterday. Started with a local dealer, internet sales manager was useless, switched to Horsham, then this week I got satisfactory answers from the sales person handling EV sales and switched back to the first one.