• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My Lightning order already delayed....

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Question for you Pioneer. If the Pro model is sold out, why don't they just start cranking those orders out now.
You can't bake the cupcakes until you have all the ingredients. Even if you don't want the sprinkles.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
You can't bake the cupcakes until you have all the ingredients. Even if you don't want the sprinkles.
In addition to this, they are still proving out their factory and manufacturing processed - not ready for commercial production yet.

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I agree. Dealer told me to expect standard range orders before extended range since Ford is waiting on certification of their 80-amp charge station pro.
@Pioneer - any truth to this statement, or is it just conjecture?

AB852

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
No clue. We assemble the trucks, not the chargers.
Any truth to the spay in bed liner causing huge delays? I’m okay with a few extra days, I just don’t want it to be delayed 4 weeks because I chose a factory sprayed in liner. Thanks in advance for your insight.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Any truth to the spay in bed liner causing huge delays? I’m okay with a few extra days, I just don’t want it to be delayed 4 weeks because I chose a factory sprayed in liner. Thanks in advance for your insight.
Shouldn’t delay it any more than an ICE F150, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it did for some reason.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My dealer has 10 orders through the first two waves. They said to me they expect my SR XLT to be the first truck delivered. Their first wave purchase was not a Pro. They also said spray in liner has been delaying trucks for months now, they haven't recommended factory spray in for anyone for that reason.

The delivery timing seems a bit like a guess, but who knows, maybe a Ford rep said SR will get sent first since they are less supply constrained? A separate thread seems to indicate Pros could be first off the line, so there are multiple (albeit weak) sources. I think personally any timing benefit I'd get from the SR trim will be offset by tow packages, they seemed to add 4 weeks at the time of build and I selected both.

The fact they recommended I go with a third party liner they wouldn't profit from makes me think the liner delay is solid fact.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
My dealer has 10 orders through the first two waves. They said to me they expect my SR XLT to be the first truck delivered. They also said spray in liner has been delaying trucks for months now, they haven't recommended factory spray in for anyone for that reason.

The delivery timing seems a bit like a guess, but who knows, maybe a Ford rep said SR will get sent first since they are less supply constrained? I think for any benefit I get from the SR timing, it will be offset by tow packages, they seemed to add 4 weeks at the time of build and I selected both.

The fact they recommended a third party liner they wouldn't profit from makes me think the liner is solid fact.
You don’t think they make a profit when they arrange a new truck to get a spray in liner?

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
You don’t think they make a profit when they arrange a new truck to get a spray in liner?
They named a few places they'd recommend for a liner. They went as far as to say they recommend I drive one city over, cause the Line-X team does a better job there than the local shop. It doesn't seem like they are coordinating or referring anything to get a cut, it will be at my discretion.

Beastean

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 Platinum
Regarding my previous post on the charger. The dealer was specific that the 80-amp charge station pro can hold up the delivery of the ER battery Lightnings since Ford will not want to ship trucks that will not be able to be charged with the charge station pro. It would result in a bad customer experience. Regarding bed liner, the dealer recommended getting an aftermarket bedliner to ensure it cannot be a reason for delayed delivery. I'm fine with that since I think Line-X is less expensive and as good or better than factory.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Regarding my previous post on the charger. The dealer was specific that the 80-amp charge station pro can hold up the delivery of the ER battery Lightnings since Ford will not want to ship trucks that will not be able to be charged with the charge station pro. It would result in a bad customer experience. Regarding bed liner, the dealer recommended getting an aftermarket bedliner to ensure it cannot be a reason for delayed delivery. I'm fine with that since I think Line-X is less expensive and as good or better than factory.

Man, I'd be pissed if they held up my delivery for a charge station. I already have a charger installed in my garage that will work perfectly fine.
Sponsored