• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Ill probably start another thread but I received all the parts on Monday and have spent the last few days installing and attempting to get everything enabled in Forscan.

These are the parts I bought
  • Sensor Assembly: ML3Z-9E731-G
  • Mounting Bolts(3x): W720714S450B
  • Wiring Harness: ML3Z-15K867-NA
  • Steering wheel buttons: ML3Z-9C888-D
I used this spreadsheet here:

The install took me about 4 hours but that was mostly because I had no idea how to take the bumper off. I could probably do that in half the time again. The harness I purchased has the added connector for the sensor assembly but also had an extra plug on each end for some unknown device. I just taped them over.

Everything seemed to still work including the parking sensors so I have not done any permanent damage to the truck.

I started using Forscan to update to the new steering wheel button module which worked great. I then started my way through the spreadsheet. After making the first change to the ABS module I immediately got a bunch of ABS and "RightTrack" errors. I figured they would go away as I made more changes but I never got ABS working again without undoing my changes. About 90% of the forscan changes on the spreadsheet applied without issue and I was able to get the speed limit displayed on the dash and the menu for ACC in the settings of the truck.

The main issue is that the new sensor assembly is not being recognized as a module so I cannot make the needed changes to it. Since the harness I got has some extra plugs I cannot confirm is it the right one for my model.

I also get a slew of DTC errors on multiple modules once I apply all the Forscan changes and I cannot drive the truck. I was only able to get everything back to normal by restoring all settings then doing a full reset of the truck by unplugging the 12v battery.

When I have some more time I plan on making sure there is voltage getting to the sensor assembly and potentially see if I can figure out how to enable it. If anyone else gets a chance to try it please let me know.

Unfortunately wasn't as plug and play as some of us hoped!

IMG_7763.jpeg
IMG_7796.jpeg
Oh my I'll stick to adding bed lamps and door keypads.
Sponsored

Reactions: Pod

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Ill probably start another thread but I received all the parts on Monday and have spent the last few days installing and attempting to get everything enabled in Forscan.

These are the parts I bought
  • Sensor Assembly: ML3Z-9E731-G
  • Mounting Bolts(3x): W720714S450B
  • Wiring Harness: ML3Z-15K867-NA
  • Steering wheel buttons: ML3Z-9C888-D
I used this spreadsheet here:

The install took me about 4 hours but that was mostly because I had no idea how to take the bumper off. I could probably do that in half the time again. The harness I purchased has the added connector for the sensor assembly but also had an extra plug on each end for some unknown device. I just taped them over.

Everything seemed to still work including the parking sensors so I have not done any permanent damage to the truck.

I started using Forscan to update to the new steering wheel button module which worked great. I then started my way through the spreadsheet. After making the first change to the ABS module I immediately got a bunch of ABS and "RightTrack" errors. I figured they would go away as I made more changes but I never got ABS working again without undoing my changes. About 90% of the forscan changes on the spreadsheet applied without issue and I was able to get the speed limit displayed on the dash and the menu for ACC in the settings of the truck.

The main issue is that the new sensor assembly is not being recognized as a module so I cannot make the needed changes to it. Since the harness I got has some extra plugs I cannot confirm is it the right one for my model.

I also get a slew of DTC errors on multiple modules once I apply all the Forscan changes and I cannot drive the truck. I was only able to get everything back to normal by restoring all settings then doing a full reset of the truck by unplugging the 12v battery.

When I have some more time I plan on making sure there is voltage getting to the sensor assembly and potentially see if I can figure out how to enable it. If anyone else gets a chance to try it please let me know.

Unfortunately wasn't as plug and play as some of us hoped!

IMG_7763.jpeg
IMG_7796.jpeg
Eagerly following this.

Thank you for the photos and write-up. Keep us posted and if we can help, let us know.

Also, do you have to change the clockspring on the steering wheel too? I know some clocksprings come with active steering and some do not.

Last edited:

Brotato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Thank you for the info and taking this on!

The two plugs on the end of the harness are for the fog lamps that are standard on the non lightning version of the F150 with the package that includes ACC.

Do you have any tips on removing the front bumper? It seems similar to a standard F150, but there are definitely some differences.

When you wrote the changes in forscan, did you reset the modules after every change? Was there a point at which you started having issues? It sounds like you have most of it working(speed limit signs, options to enable/disable ACC/Lane keep)? Is that accurate?

Also, do you have the factory NAV?
Fog lamps makes sense! Maybe Ill have to add those too now.

The front bumper is a bit different from the ICE F150 which is why it took me a bit longer. I started making a video but my battery died... Next time I take it apart ill try again.

Basically you remove all the bolts holding the frunk tub in. Theres just one connector providing the power and lights to the tub so its pretty easy to remove. After that, remove the bottom three screws in the wheel wells that hold the trim on. You should be able to start popping trim off until you get to the bumper itself.

The bumper itself actually was easy once I figured it out. There are only 6 21mm nuts holding it to the chassis. Once those are removed it comes right off.

Regarding resetting the modules after each change, I did that by resetting in Forscan then cycling the power to the truck. The two changes that caused essentially catastrophic errors were the ABS settings and the Body Control Module which both caused a ton of ABS and cascading errors in other modules.

I was hoping enabling everything would lead to the CCM "cruise control module, the sensor package that is added" being recognized in Forscan but it did not. From the schematics I found online for the ICE F150, the CCM connects to the Body Control Module which I think is where the tinkering to make it work will happen.

Xirallicbolts

First Name
Xira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco
Occupation
Electrician
Are you loading your saved profile, or creating a new one? If you add a new module, you must create a new profile and have it do the full slow module search again. Loading a previously saved profile will only detect modules that were found at the time the profile was created.

Forscan will also only search for modules it believes were available from the factory for your MODEL (regardless of trim). Doesn't affect this situation since CCM was available on F150, but I had this issue adding Lanekeeping to my Flex -- no Flex ever came factory-equipped with an IPMA so Forscan wouldn't search for it. I had to load a saved profile from a Lincoln MKT to detect it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Brotato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Are you loading your saved profile, or creating a new one? If you add a new module, you must create a new profile and have it do the full slow module search again. Loading a previously saved profile will only detect modules that were found at the time the profile was created.

Forscan will also only search for modules it believes were available from the factory for your MODEL (regardless of trim). Doesn't affect this situation since CCM was available on F150, but I had this issue adding Lanekeeping to my Flex -- no Flex ever came factory-equipped with an IPMA so Forscan wouldn't search for it. I had to load a saved profile from a Lincoln MKT to detect it.
I made a new profile every time I applied settings hoping it would appear. Maybe I’ll see if I can load a profile for a different car and add it that way, thanks for the idea.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
LOL i'd actually just not even mind seeing the heated steering wheel icon on my screen for laughs and giggles instead of the blank spot where it belongs....on my 2023 Platinum Lighting it was a factory deleted item...? Anybody tried this yet or know how to do this, show the screen icon on a vehicle where it was a deleted item? In reality I would just like to have a way to easily enable the deleted factory heated steering wheel usability.... dream on I suppose....

Brotato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread 6082FD4A-4A20-4C42-8247-DBF59FC6557D

Success!!! Everything is working 100% using the part list shared above. There was a specific order of enabling things with Forscan and some of the codes on the master ACC spreadsheet are wrong for the Lightning. I am going to put together a full guide in a new thread in the next day with details so hopefully everyone can recreate it.

Video of first drive

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
6082FD4A-4A20-4C42-8247-DBF59FC6557D.jpeg

Success!!! Everything is working 100% using the part list shared above. There was a specific order of enabling things with Forscan and some of the codes on the master ACC spreadsheet are wrong for the Lightning. I am going to put together a full guide in a new thread in the next day with details so hopefully everyone can recreate it.

Video of first drive
Great job and mod. If I did not already have I’d consider it. On the follow distance you can adjust it from steering wheel button. About 5 settings you push to your liking of the car in front of you. Takes while to get used to.
now if someone can figure out to reduce it even delete the hands on wheel sensitivity nag. It’s a bit too annoying and aggressive to my liking.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Video of first drive
Just ordered my parts! Thank you for testing it out and posting!

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Ok, now someone figure out the reverse tilt mirrors!
Ok, just so we can put this one to sleep...

This is only possible if you have the memory seat function on your vehicle. If you don't, sorry, that is a firm requirement of the reverse tilt mirror and there is no workaround. If you have the driver seat memory, look at the 2nd link I posted for instructions past Forscan programming.

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=78403

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-tilt-on-sideview-mirrors-with-forscan.19499/

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion

Video of first drive
SO AWESOME! Thank you for doing this and I'm stoked you were able to get it working. I can't wait to see your full guide and get things installed in my truck.

jybell

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18’ Raptor / 23’ Lightning Lariat ER (bld: 1/2/23)
@BennyTheBeaver
So I did all this, but there is no beep to save/confirm the "tilted" setting (no matter how long I hold the memory button)
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread 1678711024083

Although the mirrors do move when a side is selected and put in reverse, the mirror doesn't seem to hold any memory position and instead tries to adjust beyond the tracks and ends up getting stuck with a clicking noise.

Any suggestions?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
@BennyTheBeaver
So I did all this, but there is no beep to save/confirm the "tilted" setting (no matter how long I hold the memory button)
1678711024083.png

Although the mirrors do move when a side is selected and put in reverse, the mirror doesn't seem to hold any memory position and instead tries to adjust beyond the tracks and ends up getting stuck with a clicking noise.

Any suggestions?
This is the same result posted in the ICE forum. No one has been able to make this work in a Gen 14 style pickup.
Sponsored

Last edited: