• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Any idea what these capped connections are for? they are located just in front of rear bumper by the spare tire. Maybe a new project?
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread D3CBEF01-32E2-4868-B67A-C01A0EE99F1C
Sponsored

jybell

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18’ Raptor / 23’ Lightning Lariat ER (bld: 1/2/23)
I also tried the reverse tilt mirrors. They do tilt but do not stop at the bottom of the range they keep going and start clicking. I read on a machE forum you have to set where you want them to stop but that didn’t work either.
Which modules/programming did you use to get that far??

jybell

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18’ Raptor / 23’ Lightning Lariat ER (bld: 1/2/23)
I found toggle options in the “easy method” APIM module for reverse tilt. It did add the option on the Vehicle screen and even has the info button telling you what it does. Why isn’t this enabled from the factory?!

This said, doesn’t completely work as intended. The mirror don’t know when to stop adjusting and end up “clicking” trying to go beyond the arm travel. I also can’t seem to save the reversing position
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread 10E311CC-8FA9-44E3-9FF4-325860D4C0A5
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread F80A0D4E-5E7B-4EDA-B85C-08C0AF5AC650

Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I just ordered everything for ACC and lane centering. It was just under $600 OTD, I won't have time to mess with it until April, but hoping it all works!
Cannot to hear about this. I so want adaptive cruise but am afraid I’ll screw it up.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I just ordered everything for ACC and lane centering. It was just under $600 OTD, I won't have time to mess with it until April, but hoping it all works!
Beat me to it lol. I was going to go through with it this week.
Since this is more that just Forscan, I highly recommend you guys document this install in a new thread instead of page 30 here! Will be a great news if it works..

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
excellent-happy.gif

Beat me to it lol. I was going to go through with it this week.
Please keep us posted on the install. We can assist if you need Forscan help. A bunch of us are interested in ACC.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Since this is more that just Forscan, I highly recommend you guys document this install in a new thread instead of page 30 here! Will be a great news if it works..
I think it is probably a good idea for each successful mod/addition to have a separately documented thread, to be honest... in particular making it clear which model/trim was being used. It helps with search in the future. If it isn't done by the time I do all of my changes I will try to make them.

Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Please keep us posted on the install. We can assist if you need Forscan help. A bunch of us are interested in ACC.

I just pulled the trigger on Tasca for the parts, we'll see if they have them in stock, but likely not getting here until end of the Month. Was going through the giant thread on the other forum and was enough to sell me on it.

I'll have to go back through the thread for the FORScan changes once the parts get here and I get them installed.

This is your fault @laselvasurf 😇

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
I just pulled the trigger on Tasca for the parts, we'll see if they have them in stock, but likely not getting here until end of the Month. Was going through the giant thread on the other forum and was enough to sell me on it.

I'll have to go back through the thread for the FORScan changes once the parts get here and I get them installed.

This is your fault @laselvasurf 😇
My order just shipped and should be here Monday. I'm hoping I'll get a break between my crazy work schedule before April, but it's unlikely. If anyone has any tips/tricks or how to videos on removing the front bumper on a lightning, I'd love to see it. I think I'll be able to get the Forscan stuff figured out as I added a rain sensor and enabled matrix/anti-glare headlights without any issues.

I'll do my best to document it all as I go!

Brotato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Ill probably start another thread but I received all the parts on Monday and have spent the last few days installing and attempting to get everything enabled in Forscan.

These are the parts I bought
  • Sensor Assembly: ML3Z-9E731-G
  • Mounting Bolts(3x): W720714S450B
  • Wiring Harness: ML3Z-15K867-NA
  • Steering wheel buttons: ML3Z-9C888-D
I used this spreadsheet here:

The install took me about 4 hours but that was mostly because I had no idea how to take the bumper off. I could probably do that in half the time again. The harness I purchased has the added connector for the sensor assembly but also had an extra plug on each end for some unknown device. I just taped them over.

Everything seemed to still work including the parking sensors so I have not done any permanent damage to the truck.

I started using Forscan to update to the new steering wheel button module which worked great. I then started my way through the spreadsheet. After making the first change to the ABS module I immediately got a bunch of ABS and "RightTrack" errors. I figured they would go away as I made more changes but I never got ABS working again without undoing my changes. About 90% of the forscan changes on the spreadsheet applied without issue and I was able to get the speed limit displayed on the dash and the menu for ACC in the settings of the truck.

The main issue is that the new sensor assembly is not being recognized as a module so I cannot make the needed changes to it. Since the harness I got has some extra plugs I cannot confirm is it the right one for my model.

I also get a slew of DTC errors on multiple modules once I apply all the Forscan changes and I cannot drive the truck. I was only able to get everything back to normal by restoring all settings then doing a full reset of the truck by unplugging the 12v battery.

When I have some more time I plan on making sure there is voltage getting to the sensor assembly and potentially see if I can figure out how to enable it. If anyone else gets a chance to try it please let me know.

Unfortunately wasn't as plug and play as some of us hoped!

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread IMG_7763
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread IMG_7796

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Ill probably start another thread
Yeah, sorry, but that ship has sailed. This thread will now be subtitled “Adventures in adding ACC”. ;)

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
Ill probably start another thread but I received all the parts on Monday and have spent the last few days installing and attempting to get everything enabled in Forscan.

These are the parts I bought
  • Sensor Assembly: ML3Z-9E731-G
  • Mounting Bolts(3x): W720714S450B
  • Wiring Harness: ML3Z-15K867-NA
  • Steering wheel buttons: ML3Z-9C888-D
I used this spreadsheet here:

The install took me about 4 hours but that was mostly because I had no idea how to take the bumper off. I could probably do that in half the time again. The harness I purchased has the added connector for the sensor assembly but also had an extra plug on each end for some unknown device. I just taped them over.

Everything seemed to still work including the parking sensors so I have not done any permanent damage to the truck.

I started using Forscan to update to the new steering wheel button module which worked great. I then started my way through the spreadsheet. After making the first change to the ABS module I immediately got a bunch of ABS and "RightTrack" errors. I figured they would go away as I made more changes but I never got ABS working again without undoing my changes. About 90% of the forscan changes on the spreadsheet applied without issue and I was able to get the speed limit displayed on the dash and the menu for ACC in the settings of the truck.

The main issue is that the new sensor assembly is not being recognized as a module so I cannot make the needed changes to it. Since the harness I got has some extra plugs I cannot confirm is it the right one for my model.

I also get a slew of DTC errors on multiple modules once I apply all the Forscan changes and I cannot drive the truck. I was only able to get everything back to normal by restoring all settings then doing a full reset of the truck by unplugging the 12v battery.

When I have some more time I plan on making sure there is voltage getting to the sensor assembly and potentially see if I can figure out how to enable it. If anyone else gets a chance to try it please let me know.

Unfortunately wasn't as plug and play as some of us hoped!
Thank you for the info and taking this on!

The two plugs on the end of the harness are for the fog lamps that are standard on the non lightning version of the F150 with the package that includes ACC.

Do you have any tips on removing the front bumper? It seems similar to a standard F150, but there are definitely some differences.

When you wrote the changes in forscan, did you reset the modules after every change? Was there a point at which you started having issues? It sounds like you have most of it working(speed limit signs, options to enable/disable ACC/Lane keep)? Is that accurate?

Also, do you have the factory NAV?
Sponsored

Last edited: