• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning Tour - Denver

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Any of you guys ever get a confirmation? Still nothing for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Negative, no confirmation yet.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Nothing here yet for confirmation and I was woken up by the email lol. Registered right away.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
I got a confirmation email this afternoon.

Sponsored

Mike Barnhill

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Occupation
Inspections
Received the email, signed up. Said I was successfully registered and would get a confirmation email shortly. Itā€™s been like 45 minutes and no confirmation yetā€¦
I did the same Just got my confirmation email a few minutes ago.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Been there, saw itā€¦. The ride along was short, but fun. The truck handles great, or at least as great as I can assume since my hands were not on the wheel. For those unable to attend, they had a Lightning Blue Lariat in the tent with the frunk open and a bunch of stuff plugged in To the power outlets. Could not open the doors or sit inside. They didnā€™t want any photos/videos inside the trucks on the ride along. Ford guy asked me to stop taking video through the window of the Lariat, but said nothing to people (including myself) who were just taking quick pictures.

Ride along trucks were two Pros (silver and atlas blue) and one XLT (red). All had the extended range battery. The interior on the Pro that I rode in was very nice overall for a base model and the large screen is nice. Atlas blue looks identical to Alto Blue on the Bronco Sport and very similar to Antimatter Blue on the Bronco/ Current F-150 and others. Lightning blue looks great on the truck if you want a brighter blue. I was hoping to see the new Iced Blue Silver color, but it was not thereā€¦.

The E-Transit van will do well. Nice to see it there. And thatā€™s pretty much it. A small tent where they were talking about the B&O audio in the higher trims. But nothing special thereā€¦. Same sound system I have in my Expedition that they have been using the past few years In many of their trucks/SUVs. Itā€™s good for factory audio, but nothing to write home about.

Hopefully I can get a truck this next year.

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Been there, saw itā€¦. The ride along was short, but fun. The truck handles great, or at least as great as I can assume since my hands were not on the wheel. For those unable to attend, they had a Lightning Blue Lariat in the tent with the frunk open and a bunch of stuff plugged in To the power outlets. Could not open the doors or sit inside. They didnā€™t want any photos/videos inside the trucks on the ride along. Ford guy asked me to stop taking video through the window of the Lariat, but said nothing to people (including myself) who were just taking quick pictures.

Ride along trucks were two Pros (silver and atlas blue) and one XLT (red). All had the extended range battery. The interior on the Pro that I rode in was very nice overall for a base model and the large screen is nice. Atlas blue looks identical to Alto Blue on the Bronco Sport and very similar to Antimatter Blue on the Bronco/ Current F-150 and others. Lightning blue looks great on the truck if you want a brighter blue. I was hoping to see the new Iced Blue Silver color, but it was not thereā€¦.

The E-Transit van will do well. Nice to see it there. And thatā€™s pretty much it. A small tent where they were talking about the B&O audio in the higher trims. But nothing special thereā€¦. Same sound system I have in my Expedition that they have been using the past few years In many of their trucks/SUVs. Itā€™s good for factory audio, but nothing to write home about.

The bright blue you saw on the mannequin is Atlas Blue. The dark blue (almost black) on that Pro actually is Antimatter Blue. The Lightnings donā€™t get Lightning Blue or Velocity Blue (neither do any of the 2022 F-Series trucks).

You can confirm this by playing with the colorizer on the Ford site. You can also see Atlas Blue in pictures and videos online of the 2020+ Explorer ST and 2022 F-250 which are already out.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.

Can confirm. This is exactly how it all went down today. HOLY MOLEY that truck is fast! Iā€™m done. Iā€™m buying.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Can confirm. This is exactly how it all went down today. HOLY MOLEY that truck is fast! Iā€™m done. Iā€™m buying.
Based on mach-e, the standard range will be faster in the 1/4 mile?

But honestly, the only reason I care how fast this thing is will be to wow people who say an electric truck will never work.
Cut the power by 20% and then give me 20% more range. It'll still be massively more powerful than my 99 explorer with the old 5.0

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The bright blue you saw on the mannequin is Atlas Blue. The dark blue (almost black) on that Pro actually is Antimatter Blue. The Lightnings donā€™t get Lightning Blue or Velocity Blue (neither do any of the 2022 F-Series trucks).
Ok, I guess I got my blues mixed up. And I think I actually did know this recently but must have suffered a stroke. Oops

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

But honestly, the only reason I care how fast this thing is will be to wow people who say an electric truck will never work.
Cut the power by 20% and then give me 20% more range. It'll still be massively more powerful than my 99 explorer with the old 5.0
Unfortunately you can't just swap those 1 for 1. In fact, less power may actually mean less range since smaller motors will have a lower regen limit and will have to kick in the friction brakes sooner.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.

Trust me, just take them 0-60. Thatā€™ll blow their frigginā€˜ minds.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Trust me, just take them 0-60. Thatā€™ll blow their frigginā€˜ minds.
Oh I know. And to think that I can get a vehicle that fast for around $35k or less after incentives.

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Oh I know. And to think that I can get a vehicle that fast for around $35k or less after incentives.
A vehicle that is that fast, Can tow 10,000 lbs, and power a worksite/campsite/home. No other vehicle in that price range can compete.
Sponsored