• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning Tour - Denver

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
A vehicle that is that fast, Can tow 10,000 lbs, and power a worksite/campsite/home. No other vehicle in that price range can compete.
Yeah - but all of those features don't come at that price point. You need the ER battery for the 10k towing and either the ER battery or an additional hardware buy for the home power backup feature. Still a great value for someone who is OK without some creature comforts and the ER battery.
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
A vehicle that is that fast, Can tow 10,000 lbs, and power a worksite/campsite/home. No other vehicle in that price range can compete.
You're getting over $60k on the lightning to get the 10,000lbs towing as you need the ER battery which puts you to the xlt.

SR battery with max tow pack is rated at 7700lbs then it is also optional to get the 240v outlet I think standard you get 2 120 outlets in the bed. So that's probably in the $43-45k region.

$60k is Powerboost hybrid money so it's not alone in the marketplace. However adding the frunk plus reduced operating costs is an advantage. A relatively small percentage of the overall truck maket honestly values the power onboard enough to actually go buy a new vehicle for it. I can buy a 30k base work truck and a $5k (or less) generator. Sure it's slightly less convenient but it's what had been done for decades. An XL Powerboost with pro power is close to if not over $50k.

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Yeah - but all of those features don't come at that price point. You need the ER battery for the 10k towing and either the ER battery or an additional hardware buy for the home power backup feature. Still a great value for someone who is OK without some creature comforts and the ER battery.
Good point. Ok so $48-53K for XLT ER + max towing depending on where the rebate debate settles. Still cheaper than dual motor or tri motor CT or R1T. Plus Sunrun hardware TBD which would be needed for any V2G install.

Astricklin articulated the gas/ice equivalent and the rebate is what really separates the Lightning from the closest option.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Good point. Ok so $48-53K for XLT ER + max towing depending on where the rebate debate settles. Still cheaper than dual motor or tri motor CT or R1T. Plus Sunrun hardware TBD which would be needed for any V2G install.

Astricklin articulated the gas/ice equivalent and the rebate is what really separates the Lightning from the closest option.
Unless you reserved very early on and can plan on a 2022, it is probably best to assume no tax credit. Things are not looking promising in DC.

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
The bright blue you saw on the mannequin is Atlas Blue. The dark blue (almost black) on that Pro actually is Antimatter Blue. The Lightnings don’t get Lightning Blue or Velocity Blue (neither do any of the 2022 F-Series trucks).

You can confirm this by playing with the colorizer on the Ford site. You can also see Atlas Blue in pictures and videos online of the 2020+ Explorer ST and 2022 F-250 which are already out.
The colorizer doesn't properly represent the actual colors. Antimatter Blue looks like Atlas Blue and Atlas Blue looks like some other blue color.

Sponsored

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The colorizer doesn't properly represent the actual colors. Antimatter Blue looks like Atlas Blue and Atlas Blue looks like some other blue color.
When I brought up the colorizer I meant to use it as a confirmation of what colors (by name) were to be available. The colorizer definitely misrepresents several of the colors as lighter than they are in real life.

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
When I brought up the colorizer I meant to use it as a confirmation of what colors (by name) were to be available. The colorizer definitely misrepresents several of the colors as lighter than they are in real life.
This was also something those who pre-ordered the Rivian R1T and R1S complained about, with Rivians color representations being darker than actual (green was much lighter IRL than online)

roxbury29

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150, FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Sales
Unless you reserved very early on and can plan on a 2022, it is probably best to assume no tax credit. Things are not looking promising in DC.
^ I reserved mine the day of the reveal, 2 things;
1. If I cannot get the tax credit, the dealer can keep it, and
2. they said I will get Z plan, if not they can keep it too.
Was told by the time it will arrive will be August or later 2022, they will roll out about as fast the the Bronco's .
Likely ordering an F150-Tremor as a back-up too next month.
Sponsored