• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Failed - Electric Platinum Lightning F150

sykoman

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Electric Platinum Lighting
Occupation
executive
I took delivery of my new $95k Electric Platinum Lightning F150 on June 25th, Drove it for 80 miles and parked it. Charged it on my charger for three hours and then drove another 8 miles. Parked it and then went back to drive it two hours later and it would not start. Had a message that said "exit vehicle safely". Was able to get the center screen consule to light up and put it into "EMERGENCY TOW" mode. Called a tow truck and had it delivered to my local FORD dealership and it was dropped off in front of the service departments front door. I called them Monday morning; June 27th and they said that the truck would not turn on at all.

They did not know what to do. The truck sat in front of their service customer entry door until Thursday; June 30th. Not sure how they moved it. I hope they did not drag it away from the front door.

They told me that they had NO CLUE how to repair and HAVE NOT told me if they can fix. They claim they are waiting on FORD engineers to help. BUT NO HELP has arrived.

This is complete BS and i find it unbelievable that FORD and their service representatives cannot even diagnose the problem with the new truck

Where do you go for help? any ideas? DO NOT BUY one of these trucks!

Today is July 5th and still no word from the dealer
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Hhhhmmmmmmm, I assume this dealer has been selling Mach-Eā€™s for almost a year?

besch2410

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Hhhhmmmmmmm, I assume this dealer has been selling Mach-Eā€™s for almost a year?
So it's not an excuse, but how many had that dealer sold, and how many had that dealer had show up on the shop that requires repair? MAYBE 1? And with the issue the OP is facing? Doubtful they will be seeing a second one for a while. The reality is that there's a skills gap here in the entire industry (with EV's). I'm really sorry to the OP that this has happened. It is a tough ask for all of us to expect that mechanics can simply devine these new skills and knowledge without getting the chance to work on them at some volume. This is the friction of early adoption, but it is certainly no comfort to someone dealing with this as an owner. This is where Ford needs to step in and step up, given all of the nose they've created about what amounts to essentially direct-to-consumer sales of EV's.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Sounds like a 12v battery issue.

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD EX, '20 Edge SEL
Or maybe HVJB issue like the MME.
This is exactly where my mind went to when I read this. MMEs have a recall out for them and I had this problem way back in January... not a fun time. In a way I hope this is the issue as much as it sucks because they have to remove the entire HV battery and open it up and change out the HVJB, but if this is the issue then Ford already has full guidance on how to fix it for the dealerships to follow. Best of luck!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Sponsored

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I am sorry this happened and hopefully someone can get to the bottom of it to get it fixed. However, this is the first really bad experience repair issue that I have heard of so far. Out of the 2000 trucks that have been delivered, that breaks out to 1/20 of 1%, not really a reason to tell people not to buy the truck. Good luck, if you are this unhappy and they can't fix it, you may be able to do a lemon law on it and the dealer will have to buy it back.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Wow...and no message from the Ford account that says: " Hi there, Dave! This doesnā€™t sound like the experience we want you to be having with your Shiny new F-150 Lightning Platinum. Please go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information. Iā€™d be happy to look into these massive power failure concerns for you. Thank you."

Nothing like that? No?

Surprising..... :unsure:

Sorry @Ford Motor Company ...I couldn't resist... šŸ˜†

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Wow...and no message from the Ford account that says: " Hi there, Dave! This doesnā€™t sound like the experience we want you to be having with your Shiny new F-150 Lightning Platinum. Please go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information. Iā€™d be happy to look into these massive power failure concerns for you. Thank you."

Nothing like that? No?

Surprising..... :unsure:

Sorry @Ford Motor Company ...I couldn't resist... šŸ˜†
The interns are too busy trying to figure out why some paint flaked off of a Lariat Frunk front plastic cover (Ford calls it a grille). Maybe once they get that resolved they'll jump on this one.
Sponsored