• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FDRS subscription

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yes, sounds like a good start and hopefully more to come soon!
Jesse took a look at the config on your truck, and it's good to go. No issues. You just gotta wait for the updates to be sent to you.
Sponsored

wapple24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Jesse took a look at the config on your truck, and it's good to go. No issues. You just gotta wait for the updates to be sent to you.
I am getting updates almost every day now, must be getting close to caught up. The DC charging one is installing right now.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
I do all my own work, and I have new (2015+) cars, old (1970 and earlier) cars, and have had many cars in between. I love old cars. But, let me say: No, you don't remember when your vehicles "just worked" without software.

Vehicles now are insanely reliable compared to even 20 years ago, and by then there was already software throughout every car on the market. The least reliable vehicle on the market today would be in the top 10 most reliable in 2001. Cars from before that? They were HORRIBLE! Maybe your car would start... Maybe it wouldn't overheat.

And when something breaks, 9 times out of 10 a modern vehicle will tell you exactly what's wrong with it. You don't need some macho - frankly, moron - who "knows cars" to tell you what the problem is and then bozo a repair on it with utter disregard for specs to get you back on the road. Nor do you need to trust the master mechanic who wants to fire the parts cannon to make his next boat payment. The average person can plug in a $20 adapter and run a $3 app and know exactly what is wrong and how much it costs to fix it.

.... that is right up until the last 3-4 years.

The problem recently is not software or electronics or complexity. The problem is the scummy manufacturers trying to lock the information behind paywalls so you have to pay them a premium to translate the messages from your car. YOUR car. The thing that self diagnosed itself. Or to know things that generally used to just be in the manual.
Ahh but then you have the mechanic that relies only on what the computer tells him and can't diagnose a simple thermostat stuck open issue. Let me explain. Late model ICE car, coolant temp display displayed always on top level dashboard. Normal operating temp is 185-190. Tach has redline that floats based on temp, at 170 redline is 5 thousand instead of 7. Car is operating at 170 with 90 deg ambient. Take pictures of the dash, bring the car to two different dealerships, both say nothing wrong no codes thrown. I changed the thermostat, everything back to normal.

wapple24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi @rugedraw. Would you mind running the check on my VIN again to see where i stand.
That is a GWM update, the the GWM is now gone from the list of pending updates:

1695945956965.png

I am still waiting to hear back from Jesse in regards to your truck, but you getting updates go through succesfully is agood sign.
Hi @rugedraw Would you mind running this again for my VIN? I got a lot of updates, but they stopped now.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hi @rugedraw. Would you mind running the check on my VIN again to see where i stand.

Hi @rugedraw Would you mind running this again for my VIN? I got a lot of updates, but they stopped now.
I can check FDRS for you later when I get home. I see the updates you got sent in PTS and you still have not been sent the APIM update that failed over and over for you before. The screenshot below shows which modules were updated with the OTA's you got. You can cross those off of the list I sent you before and the rest of the pending updates will still be there.

Ford F-150 Lightning FDRS subscription 1699369253645

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thank you! Getting there…but still a lot of updates. Wonder how long before I am actually current.
The WACM is not available via the OTA process. Next time you take the truck to a dealer, tell them your phone gets hot while in the wireless charger and they'll update it for you.

wapple24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The WACM is not available via the OTA process. Next time you take the truck to a dealer, tell them your phone gets hot while in the wireless charger and they'll update it for you.
Thank you for that tip. It does get overheated on the wireless.

Sponsored

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Slightly different question relative to FDRS. If I buy a 30 day subscription and turn it back in before the 30 days are up does time stop or will it still expire at the end of the original 30 days?

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Slightly different question relative to FDRS. If I buy a 30 day subscription and turn it back in before the 30 days are up does time stop or will it still expire at the end of the original 30 days?
Never mind, answered my own question.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
What was the answer?
The way I read the subscription text on ford website is that the subscription can be returned when changing PCs, updating software etc. it does not mention suspending the countdown, so I'm assuming is does not.
Sponsored