• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FDRS subscription

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat , 22 Mach E GT
Just wondering if anyone would know if I was to purchase the FDRS subscription and use the Apple Store iOS app would I be able to see pending updates?
I am aware that I would not be able to install or download them unless I have a PC. More just wondering if I was to enter my Vin would that work with this particular app? Not sure if anyone has ever use this or not. https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/ford-diagnow/id1591949444

Ford F-150 Lightning FDRS subscription IMG_4180
Sponsored

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Sadly no, DiagNow is a separate subscription. My FDRS account shows this error.

Ford F-150 Lightning FDRS subscription IMG_2480

wapple24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Checking to see if anyone with and FDRS subscription can tell me what version software I am at? I had my APIM replaced because I was not getting software updates and now my update history is not reflected.
I can’t tell if it fixed the issue since I cannot tell if I am behind on updates.
If anyone is kind enough to check for me, send me a message and I can provide my VIN.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Checking to see if anyone with and FDRS subscription can tell me what version software I am at? I had my APIM replaced because I was not getting software updates and now my update history is not reflected.
I can’t tell if it fixed the issue since I cannot tell if I am behind on updates.
If anyone is kind enough to check for me, send me a message and I can provide my VIN.
I can check for you.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@wapple24

Your truck is on Sync 23159 which is very new and it is the latest Sync version on the ICE trucks. I see the dealer replaced your APIM on 8/30 and ran the PMI procedure successfully, so they seem to have done everything right to make sure it is properly configured to your truck. Your OTA history shows APIM update 4.2.2 failing 13 times between Feb and Aug. Between January and March, you show two successful GWM updates and another OTA that updated the ABS, PCM, SOBDMA, GFM2, BECM, SOBDMC and SOBDMD. Not sure which OTA's those were numerically as they are too old for the details to show in PTS.

I don't have FDRS on this computer to check what modules you still have pending updates. I'll check those from my laptop later and get back to you.

wapple24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@wapple24

Your truck is on Sync 23159 which is very new and it is the latest Sync version on the ICE trucks. I see the dealer replaced your APIM on 8/30 and ran the PMI procedure successfully, so they seem to have done everything right to make sure it is properly configured to your truck. Your OTA history shows APIM update 4.2.2 failing 13 times between Feb and Aug. Between January and March, you show two successful GWM updates and another OTA that updated the ABS, PCM, SOBDMA, GFM2, BECM, SOBDMC and SOBDMD. Not sure which OTA's those were numerically as they are too old for the details to show in PTS.

I don't have FDRS on this computer to check what modules you still have pending updates. I'll check those from my laptop later and get back to you.
Thank you @rugedraw ! Much appreciated.

RaptorEV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 12C
Occupation
Secret Agent
I remember when vehicles just worked. They didn't need all of this BS software updating and "apps". It's all ridiculous.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I remember when vehicles just worked. They didn't need all of this BS software updating and "apps". It's all ridiculous.

The good old days tend to have that rosy tint. I had a Jeep where cruise control sometimes had an underfloor and it would gun the accelerator instead of lifting it up. It also had a 6 speed transmission where the 6th gear wasn’t activated until the next model year and people did transmission swaps for 2mpg highway. Software updates are not all bad

Sponsored

wapple24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@wapple24

Lots of updates pending for your truck:

1694625678081.png
Oh wow....maybe I should bring it back to the dealer and ask them to get all of this updated. The APIM has been in for 2 weeks and they obviously are not coming down on their own.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Oh wow....maybe I should bring it back to the dealer and ask them to get all of this updated. The APIM has been in for 2 weeks and they obviously are not coming down on their own.
Ford doesn't pay dealers to perform module updates, so I would not get my hopes up that they do it. I don't know these trucks well enough to comment intelligently, but I am a bit concerned that you have such a high Sync version on your truck with so many other updates still pending in FDRS. It could be nothing, but when you can, PM me a pic of your "about sync" screen so I can ask Jesse to look and see if he sees any configuration issues in your truck after the APIM replacement.

Edit: Never mind...... he doesn't need to see your "about sync" screen. Your truck is fine. You'll get your OTA's whenever Ford decides to push them out to your VIN.

Last edited:

wapple24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford doesn't pay dealers to perform module updates, so I would not get my hopes up that they do it. I don't know these trucks well enough to comment intelligently, but I am a bit concerned that you have such a high Sync version on your truck with so many other updates still pending in FDRS. It could be nothing, but when you can, PM me a pic of your "about sync" screen so I can ask Jesse to look and see if he sees any configuration issues in your truck after the APIM replacement.

Edit: Never mind...... he doesn't need to see your "about sync" screen. Your truck is fine. You'll get your OTA's whenever Ford decides to push them out to your VIN.
Thanks, I have emailed a contact I have on the EV team to see if they can push them down. I will keep you updated and thank you for the help!

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I do all my own work, and I have new (2015+) cars, old (1970 and earlier) cars, and have had many cars in between. I love old cars. But, let me say: No, you don't remember when your vehicles "just worked" without software.

Vehicles now are insanely reliable compared to even 20 years ago, and by then there was already software throughout every car on the market. The least reliable vehicle on the market today would be in the top 10 most reliable in 2001. Cars from before that? They were HORRIBLE! Maybe your car would start... Maybe it wouldn't overheat.

And when something breaks, 9 times out of 10 a modern vehicle will tell you exactly what's wrong with it. You don't need some macho - frankly, moron - who "knows cars" to tell you what the problem is and then bozo a repair on it with utter disregard for specs to get you back on the road. Nor do you need to trust the master mechanic who wants to fire the parts cannon to make his next boat payment. The average person can plug in a $20 adapter and run a $3 app and know exactly what is wrong and how much it costs to fix it.

.... that is right up until the last 3-4 years.

The problem recently is not software or electronics or complexity. The problem is the scummy manufacturers trying to lock the information behind paywalls so you have to pay them a premium to translate the messages from your car. YOUR car. The thing that self diagnosed itself. Or to know things that generally used to just be in the manual.
Sponsored

Last edited: