• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Financing vs Leasing the Lightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The problem with doing FO and then the financing is the continuous payment. If you do the FO, you have 3-4 years, and then if you finance the balloon, it will be another 3+ years. So you would be out of warranty at that point.
Your comment makes no sense.

It's an $80,000 truck for many. Many people literally shouldn't be buying $80,000 trucks (or cars), because they cannot afford them. So Ford says "hey, since taking an 7 year car loan is really bad financially, let's give them a 4 year loan, at lower affordable payments, and then after 4 years they can hand us the keys if they don't want the vehicle, or don't want to make more payments, or whatever.

It really boggles the mind at the nonsensical comments people make when reviewing Ford Options as an alternative to high loan payments, or leasing (which for most is a really bad idea).
Sponsored

OP
OP
SmoothJ

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Your comment makes no sense.

It's an $80,000 truck for many. Many people literally shouldn't be buying $80,000 trucks (or cars), because they cannot afford them. So Ford says "hey, since taking an 7 year car loan is really bad financially, let's give them a 4 year loan, at lower affordable payments, and then after 4 years they can hand us the keys if they don't want the vehicle, or don't want to make more payments, or whatever.

It really boggles the mind at the nonsensical comments people make when reviewing Ford Options as an alternative to high loan payments, or leasing (which for most is a really bad idea).
I didnt say it was a good idea... I said thats what people might do.

JSJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra. Model Y and Lightning on order
I lease my cars, I get a new one every few years, I don’t want something out of warranty, especially something like the lightning being the first model year, it’s also going to depreciate poorly after a few years and ford works out the kinks/updates it especially with battery technology getting better and better. I also want the most up to date in safety since I have a young child so leasing or now ford options is the way to go it looks like for me.

OP
OP
SmoothJ

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I just thought about something- Ford WearCare. Does anyone know if it’s offered with FO (Ford Options)?
Sponsored