• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Dealer Charging Stations

16cards

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Lightning Lariat ER
Dealer within a mile from me has Level 2 chargers available for free during business hours.

Their commercial lot across the street has a DCFC 150 watt charger available 24/7. Before I installed Level 2 in my garage, I would use the DCFC at least once a week. Its tucked away in the back corner of their lot. So I've probably spent about 20 total evening hours on the lot across 3 months. I've never saw another vehicle there. There was two night servicemen that worked in the commercial bay about 50 yards away that I became friendly with during those charge sessions. They also commented that they rarely saw anybody but me. So for a few months there I had my own free DCFC charger!
Sponsored

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
Does anyone know if you can just pull into a Ford dealership with charging stations and charge your Lightning? And is it free to Ford owners?
Maybe I scanned this thread too quickly to make this remark, but typically the Ford Dealership may give you a full tank of gas upon purchase, why would they want or need to keep offering Free charging after a purchase...even though their cost would only be about 25% of ICE vehicles?

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
My dealer, Fairway Ford, Greenville SC, just installed (2) DCFC stations. The installation crew was still wiring them.
The logos on them, BLINK, have me thinking. Which app we going to use, Blink, FordPass or both. They are accessible from the main street, until they block the entrance with couple vehicles. I also noticed the upgraded security/surveillance camera system.
I am ready to try them when available.
Interesting enough, they parked all the ng
Mach Es and Lightnings beside and around those stations.
The Model E plan is coming together.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
There are two dealerships in NH that have level 2 chargers that I've used after hours with no problem. That said, the dealer I purchased my truck from doesn't have any, so when I drop my truck off for service, I always get it back with a lower % than when I dropped it off. I've brought it to the attention of the Service Manager twice and the last time I offered to sell him back the one the truck came with....for $501. He wasn't amused.
My dealer, Bonnell in Winchester MA, always gives me back the Lightning charged to 100% after service.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
My dealer, Fairway Ford, Greenville SC, just installed (2) DCFC stations. The installation crew was still wiring them.
The logos on them, BLINK, have me thinking. Which app we going to use, Blink, FordPass or both. They are accessible from the main street, until they block the entrance with couple vehicles. I also noticed the upgraded security/surveillance camera system.
I am ready to try them when available.
Interesting enough, they parked all the ng
Mach Es and Lightnings beside and around those stations.
The Model E plan is coming together.
Ford BlueOval Charge Network includes Blink, so use whichever you wish.

Sponsored

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
There are two dealerships in NH that have level 2 chargers that I've used after hours with no problem. That said, the dealer I purchased my truck from doesn't have any, so when I drop my truck off for service, I always get it back with a lower % than when I dropped it off. I've brought it to the attention of the Service Manager twice and the last time I offered to sell him back the one the truck came with....for $501. He wasn't amused.
The NH Dealer I purchased my truck from as an L2 charger that can juice up your Truck when in for service - if needed. They have indicated they will not be EV-certified and will not install any DC fast chargers. They do have 1 EV-certified tech and 1 EV-trained tech. I have never tried after hours as not needed.

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
My Dealer in Vandalia, OH said his understanding is that DCFC at Dealerships should be installed by June and both them and another area Dealership will be installing them and accessible to anyone.

I've also used a 75 Kwh free charger at at Chevrolet Dealership in Aurora, OH. The only challenge there was it was in the back of the Dealership, only one side was accessible due to a curb (unless you had a truck), and they would sometimes park service vehicles by the non-curb accessible unit.

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
My dealership in Carrollton, TX has a few level 2 already but have started the work to have about 6 more installed. Was also told that they will be installing DCFC as well but running into supply chain issues and when installed it will be behind their gate so will not be 24hrs.

Sponsored

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
Dealer in Manhattan KS was smart enough to put the DCFC in a location is 24 hour accessible. It topped out at 60 kw / hr charge rate, but it got me the extra 30 kwh I needed to make a 280 mile trip. Was most certainly NOT free. Some sort of $10 to plug in, and then only $0.25 per kwh thereafter. It used the EVConnect app to connect and pay.

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
According to reports on plugshare, a dealer in Brenham, TX (closest ford dealer to me with chargers installed afaik) has theirs up and running and seem to allow anyone to pull in and charge. Reviewers said staff was friendly and helpful with getting the chargers going for people if needed, which is pretty remarkable. The plugshare reviews were saying they were free (for anyone) for now, but they will start charging soon. I believe they also are supposedly accessible after hours. Obv, YMMV. Just call one with chargers and ask?
Is it a DCFC at that dealership? I go by there from Houston to Ledbetter almost every weekend. A DCFC would be a real plus.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Dealer in Manhattan KS was smart enough to put the DCFC in a location is 24 hour accessible. It topped out at 60 kw / hr charge rate, but it got me the extra 30 kwh I needed to make a 280 mile trip. Was most certainly NOT free. Some sort of $10 to plug in, and then only $0.25 per kwh thereafter. It used the EVConnect app to connect and pay.
Definitely go just down the road to Murdock Chevrolet. Their installation is 125kW. I think it's 40-50 cents/kWh, but twice as fast as what you'll get at Max Ford.

Much needed DCFC in that neck of the woods. I-70 is getting built out, but it was a desert between Topeka and Salina until the last couple of months. Maple Hill to Abilene now.