• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Sync System Updates/Fleet Mode

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Just sent you a message with the VIN
Your truck's modem is in fleet mode. You actually have TCU update 6.4.0 sitting in your queue right now, but your truck can't talk to the mothership to accept it. You need to take it to the dealer to have them properly activate the modem and put it in retail mode instead of fleet.

The OTA trigger for 6.4.0 expires on 4/23 at 10:10am eastern time. If you can get the modem activated before then, it should have a chance to install. Otherwise, the OTA trigger will time out and you will have to wait for it to be resent to you again; no way of knowing when that will be.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Sync System Updates/Fleet Mode Picture3

Last edited:

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER
Thanks for confirming this!! What is this screen you shared? Some kind of dealer tool? I'll try this route with my dealer again, but last time they said it was "fleet" and only I could undo this by calling Ford. And when I called Ford they said they don't see it as a fleet vehicle on their end. As for the OTA trigger time out - is there a way a dealer can do this update for me manually if I miss this April 23rd date?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks for confirming this!! What is this screen you shared? Some kind of dealer tool? I'll try this route with my dealer again, but last time they said it was "fleet" and only I could undo this by calling Ford. And when I called Ford they said they don't see it as a fleet vehicle on their end. As for the OTA trigger time out - is there a way a dealer can do this update for me manually if I miss this April 23rd date?
Well, if they can't see that it is in fleet mode on their side, then they need to get their eyeballs checked, because this is painfully obvious in PTS which they have access to. PTS is a website Ford and dealers use to pull certain info on vehicles and this is one of them. I will send you a screenshot showing the VIN so you can have something to show them, but they have the same access I do.

Yes, the dealer can apply the update, but that does not mean they will because Ford does not pay them to perform module updates even if the vehicle has warranty. In this case, they may (or may not do it) due to the issue at hand. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Stand by. I'm trying to see if there's anything that can be done to fix it without you going to the dealer. Very unlikely, but give me a bit.

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER
Ok maybe it’s a situation where Ford commercial services no longer has my VIN as being a member of a fleet anymore but my modem itself is still showing as ”fleet authorized”. Ford reps on the phone also said the modem is unresponsive and they haven’t heard from it since January. So I don’t know. It seems the dealer might be the only one who can reprogram the modem somehow.

Sponsored
OP
OP

RGLightning

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Resuming this thread a bit. I recently bought my Lightning last month and I have not been able to activate FordPass. It’s been a journey of back and forth between the dealer and various Ford support people I’ve talked to. I’ll try the email address and the phone numbers listed in this thread to see if they can help.
When I look at my screen for “connectivity” and then under “connected vehicle features” it says “telematics” and the toggle switch is on and it has a lock icon on it. The trouble is that Ford support is telling me the modem hasn’t been heard from at all in a couple months. And when I brought it to the dealer shop they said its fleet locked and only I can request that be removed. Ford support is saying only the dealer can reset the modem. I’m stuck in the middle.
I wonder if my truck was in fleet mode at one time, then the modem stopped communicating, and now it’s “stuck” in this fleet mode state. Anyways it’s super frustrating and I’ve tried the battery terminal pull and the fuse pull and neither worked.
I guess it’s back to the dealer again sigh.
IMG_4028.jpeg
I dealt with this issue for months!! I had to keep pressing the issue with Ford Pass and Ford Fleet. There was a thread on here that helped me navigate through the prompts. Good luck and keep pressing the issue. You may have to call more than once. Also, the dealer couldn’t help me.

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER
Yeah I have a feeling this isn't going to be resolved quickly after my numerous calls with Ford and my 5 days of the dealership holding my truck trying to figure out what do to, only to say Ford has to fix this on their end. I'm completely stuck in the middle. I just emailed that [email protected] email address with my issue and supporting documents as was noted earlier in this thread. I have no idea if that will help or not but I sure hope so. Whatever scenario causes this issue, it seems to be a real black hole situation that no one easily knows how to resolve. Meanwhile I can't use FordPass and my truck can't receive OTA updates.

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER
This is the latest update I received when emailing the support group referenced in this thread. It’s been a few days and I’m still waiting for an update since April 19th:

“I am pleased to assist you with this matter today. Upon further investigation, VIN [removed the VIN here] is currently within a Ford Lot Management account and a ticket is already in progress to release it from the account. Our support team has provided the following feedback concerning this ticket:

VIN [removed VIN] is currently in the process of unenrolling from Ford Lot Management. Please key on the vehicle and take it on a short drive within a good coverage area to assist in the unenrollment process of the vehicle.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected] or by calling us at 1-833-327-3673.”

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER
I dealt with this issue for months!! I had to keep pressing the issue with Ford Pass and Ford Fleet. There was a thread on here that helped me navigate through the prompts. Good luck and keep pressing the issue. You may have to call more than once. Also, the dealer couldn’t help me.
Thanks for the encouragement on this. So in the end this was solved without having to have a technician touch the truck in your case?

OP
OP

RGLightning

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Yes, eventually Ford had to take it off Fleet Mode which wouldn’t allow for the updates.
Sponsored