• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fordpass app not connecting to my Lightning or Mach-E.

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I’ll just add one more data point, as my trucks modem was also not connecting to the network, and connected services were not available.

I took the truck into the dealer, and they found DTC’s in both the GWM and TCU. They found that the GWM had a software update available, so they did that update manually and cleared the DTC’s. That was on Monday and I haven’t had any issues since then, knock on wood
Sponsored

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
Just wanted to add to the list. Jan 1st my lightning stopped updating on the Ford app. I starting trying things yesterday like remote locking/unlocking, turning off wifi on the truck and back on. I left the door open until lights went off (these are suggestions I read). The fact that the truck can't reach any wifi networks tells me it's the truck, not the app. However I update the app anyway in case there was some way through software to revive the truck's communications.

I finally tried disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery in the frunk using a 10mm socket to loosen. After reconnecting it, I had to start the truck. Then the app started connecting to the truck again.

I did have a problem closing the frunk after that. I tried from the remote and from inside the truck, both with the truck on and off. All I got were 4 beeps. I finally tried closing it manually and after that it would open and shut through the remote control.

Last edited:

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
Probably not the same thing. I had this problem since new year and was about to make an appointment with the service dept, when I noticed that a new version of FordPass was available (I don't have automatic updates enabled on my phone). Updating it cleared the problem.

Also when the dealer did diagnostics, did they check the 12V battery? Last year I had a bad battery in my MME and that manifested itself in a myriad of seemingly unrelated problems. Disconnecting/reconnecting it cleared the problems, but only for a time. Replacing the battery eliminated all the issues.
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-drain-service-requested-error-message.11802/

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
I'm having this issue as well with my 2013 XLT base.

I was able to get connectivity back by disconnecting the LVB, but a day later I'm back to having no connectivity. What's odd is that I had zero issues until yesterday and I've had the truck since 12/22.

It may be related, but I also cannot connect to any Wifi networks in the truck, so it's like all connectivity is not functioning.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
Quick update. The connectivity came back about 24 hours after it was lost. I didn't do anything except drive the truck a few times.

Sponsored

nanohead

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 23 Lightning ER, 15 F150 XLT, 12 Cayman
Occupation
Engineer
I'm having this problem all afternoon today. There's an update in the android app store. will try that and see. If that doesn't help, then will cycle the battery

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I noticed a few days ago that the APP has not updated since January 31 on my F150 Lightning Lariat. It shows the charge level from that date and says "plugged in not charging" on the bottom. The car is not plugged in currently and has had multiple charge sessions since then. From what I read sounds like to replace the LVB? Is that the only fix or is there something else to do? And if I do this, will the error come back or will that likely fix it?
Needless to say, if I try horn or lock I will only get a never ending spinning wheel.

OP
OP

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I noticed a few days ago that the APP has not updated since January 31 on my F150 Lightning Lariat. It shows the charge level from that date and says "plugged in not charging" on the bottom. The car is not plugged in currently and has had multiple charge sessions since then. From what I read sounds like to replace the LVB? Is that the only fix or is there something else to do? And if I do this, will the error come back or will that likely fix it?
Needless to say, if I try horn or lock I will only get a never ending spinning wheel.
No, you do not need to replace the LVB. You just need to disconnect the negative terminal from it and then connect it again. It takes all of about two minutes. Super easy fix, until Ford gets a permanent fix for us.

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
Twice in the span of 5 days for me. It’s super frustrating.

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Thanks for the help. I disconnected and reconnected the negative of 12v battery and it worked. I am back on wifi but still on software version 4.1.1. No update yet.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
No outage on my '22 Lightning - been always there since day 1.

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
My 2023 Lightning Pro was having this issue. It was out for 3+ weeks, but the truck wasn't being driven (or charged) much during that time. Then one night the frunk was left open for awhile while unloading groceries (20 minutes tops). I triggered the frunk to close, it beeped, and I went inside (didn't watch the frunk close). The next morning the frunk was open and would only beep 4 times and would not close. I manually closed the frunk and it operated normally after that. Later that day the truck did a software update (to 4.2.1) and the app was connected normally.

This seems to be very similar to how things behave when the 12V is disconnected, which I did not do. I wonder if leaving the frunk open could reset the modem perhaps because it tries to send a message home. I'm going to try leaving my frunk open the next time the app is not connecting.
Sponsored