• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FORSCAN cruise control programming

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
I was looking at FORSCAN (newbe here) and I saw several options for Cruise Control. The one I'm curious about the the one that says 'Brake Limit 2". Anyone know what this is?

Ford F-150 Lightning FORSCAN cruise control programming 20220308_095957
Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Disclaimer: this is all 100% assumption by me so take it with a grain of salt

My guess is that it’s related to how hard the adaptive cruise control is allowed to brake. Most if not all adaptive cruise systems limit the system’s braking power so that in case of a software glitch or picking up a vehicle in the exit lane the vehicle is not able to full on panic brake which could cause someone to rear end you.

I actually had a situation in my previous car; was on adaptive cruise and everyone came to a very sudden stop. Even though my car was on adaptive cruise, it gave me the forward collision warning and told me to brake, so I did. Barely stopped short. Looked in the owners manual for that car after and it said something along the lines of “always pay attention to cars around you. In some situations, adaptive cruise may not be able to slow the car fast enough and the driver may need to intervene. Adaptive cruise control can only use about half of the brake systems ability”

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
Most if not all adaptive cruise systems limit the system’s braking power so that in case of a software glitch or picking up a vehicle in the exit lane the vehicle is not able to full on panic brake which could cause someone to rear end you.
I'd tend to agree. I'm not sure if it's brand-specific or simply that the tech has evolved, but the ACC in my wife's 2016 Honda Pilot LOVES to "panic brake". I feel like a fighter pilot when driving it, with my thumb on the cancel button, ready-to-fire the instant someone enters the "follow space" between me and the vehicle ahead. If I fail to do so, it decelerates so aggressively it will literally wake up any sleeping passengers!
Sponsored