• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

djstough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2023 MachE Premium ER
It got hung up while they were trying to update the IPMA. Same thing happened to a Mach E owner this week where the dealer got stuck updating the IPMA showing the same programming errors as your truck.

Modules pending updates are below:

1706915942338.png
They ended up replacing the LVB and not needing to replace the IPMA. I'm curious for an update to see what they actually updated. They told me they had to update "several" modules, but the service writer didn't elaborate.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
They ended up replacing the LVB and not needing to replace the IPMA. I'm curious for an update to see what they actually updated. They told me they had to update "several" modules, but the service writer didn't elaborate.
I see no indication that they did any module updates. The ran a few PMI procedures on the IPMA which is conducive with a module replacement, but not necessarily as a PMI can also be done to an existing module with the purpose of loading the correct software on it. Hard to tell from what I can see if they replaced the module or not. Tech notes are not posted to warranty history yet, so if you want, remind me to check the tech notes in a week or two once they post so I can see what they say they did. In reality, as long as your truck is good now, what they did is not important.

djstough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2023 MachE Premium ER
I see no indication that they did any module updates. The ran a few PMI procedures on the IPMA which is conducive with a module replacement, but not necessarily as a PMI can also be done to an existing module with the purpose of loading the correct software on it. Hard to tell from what I can see if they replaced the module or not. Tech notes are not posted to warranty history yet, so if you want, remind me to check the tech notes in a week or two once they post so I can see what they say they did. In reality, as long as your truck is good now, what they did is not important.
Thanks again for checking!

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
So last weekend I finally had a chance to correct my failed update using PMI as suggested. Every time I tried, I got a failure message with 'Unable to obtain Flash Account part numbers from Available Topology'. Tried both original module not installed and is installed with the same error message.

The good news is the precollision assist not available warning did go away, so I guess I can chalk it up as a win!?!?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
So last weekend I finally had a chance to correct my failed update using PMI as suggested. Every time I tried, I got a failure message with 'Unable to obtain Flash Account part numbers from Available Topology'. Tried both original module not installed and is installed with the same error message.

The good news is the precollision assist not available warning did go away, so I guess I can chalk it up as a win!?!?
I would say that's a win. Sometimes, just driving it will cause things to settle. No DTC's being recorded in the module?

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I would say that's a win. Sometimes, just driving it will cause things to settle. No DTC's being recorded in the module?
I did see a DTC about initial configuration not complete, but didn't capture a screen shot, so I might not quote it correctly.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I've had about a month with the IPMA+PSCM update and I have to say, if this is BlueCruise 1.4 it's not really anything to write home about compared to the competition.

I do see some modest improvements -- slightly less nonsense ping ponging in super wide lanes, follows slightly tighter curves, and is less inclined to throw the red steering wheel alarm when lane lines slightly fade.

However, compared to the lane holding capabilities of Tesla Basic Autopilot (not even FSD), BMW's active assist, and the Kia/Hyundai lane keeping system, IMO it's not very impressive. It still gives out or incorrectly steers on sharper curves, ignores nearly clipping cars that come in your lane partially, etc.

I don't know how Ford claims BC 1.4 stays engaged something like 10-14x longer, I sincerely hope that real BC 1.4 includes activating something beyond just applying this IPMA+PSCM update.

Reactions: GDN

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I did see a DTC about initial configuration not complete, but didn't capture a screen shot, so I might not quote it correctly.
If the DTC is gone now and everything is working fine, then I would not worry about it.
Sponsored