• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Good set of Jack stands and Jack.

Buschlatte

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I am in the market for a new set of Jack stands and a Jack for the new truck. Anyone have any recommendations??
Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
Beware of the HF jack stands! They had a huge recall on them last year but that has all been worked out by now. With that said, I do have a Pittsburgh (HF) floor jack that has been great. I used to work for NAPA and I also have two sets of their jack stands, very good quality IMO. They also have good quality floor jacks. When it comes to these items, don't be afraid to spend a bit more for a name that you trust, afterall, you are trusting your own safety to these items. Get a 3 ton or better jack for reassurance and double-check the specs on lift height/range; don't be that guy that stacks blocks on the lift pad all because they have a jack without the lifting height.

desertlivin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3, 2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Network Architect
I am looking for a good jack and jack stands too, something I can take in the truck and also use for my 3500lb travel trailer.

I was originally looking at the Omega Side Pump Bottle Jack - 6 but then I also see the Pro Eagle jacks as pretty popular. I would be interested to see what recommendations others have.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I have a set of four 3 ton jack stands and a 3 ton floor jack that are Craftsman branded. I've had them for years though, so I'm not sure if you can still buy them. Only complaint I have is that the floor jack is ~80-90 lbs so it isn't the easiest to lug around, but it has a really large range of travel. I may replace it with an aluminum jack from HF at some point.

Sponsored

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
Anyone upgrade their stock scissor jack with a bottle jack yet?

I'm considering a +4-ton option but now realizing I have to measure frame to floor minus tire width to see what clearance I've got available and what will fit.

mr fiso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
@Blaster - You make an interesting point, that I had not thought about, while considering a hydraulic bottle jack.

My over-kill train of thought was having something that can do 10k, since the entire truck in 6k+. Sure, each corner is far less than that. But... I can use it elsewhere for more serious work.

That said (did I say 'over-kill'?), I had not even thought about clearance. Or better yet, actual jack height limit. With 22 inch rims, the truck sits very high off the ground. How far can a bottle extend to get even one of those damn things off the ground?

moder8tor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lariat Lightning, 18 F250 Lariat Diesel
Occupation
hard worker

moder8tor

First Name
Tom