• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got order invite today (4/12/2022)

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Keep trying and use a different browser. Even try with your phone too. I had that driving me crazy for 30 minutes before it finally took my deposit. Good luck!
Oh yeah - the payment part was horrible - I used my Amex card and it said it would not process when a second later, Amex texts me that a charge for $1500 had been approved.

The Ford webpage would not go any further so I had to use another card to make the deposit.

After that payment went thru, Amex calls me and asks if the charge was valid. I had to say Amex may have thought it was valid but Ford did not.

Very confusing for me!
Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Oh yeah - the payment part was horrible - I used my Amex card and it said it would not process when a second later, Amex texts me that a charge for $1500 had been approved.

The Ford webpage would not go any further so I had to use another card to make the deposit.

After that payment went thru, Amex calls me and asks if the charge was valid. I had to say Amex may have thought it was valid but Ford did not.

Very confusing for me!
Damn fraud protection! I've had that happen to me for some non-car purchases. I'd complete purchase online, get text after from CC company asking if I made purchase, I'd say yes. Few minutes later I'd get email from online store saying my order cancelled because card declined. Sooo stupid.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
The jump from Pro to Lariat would be tough even with the $7.5k tax credit.

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD EX, '20 Edge SEL
Got my email also! Order placed for Lariat Antimatter Blue! ? Was not expecting to get an order in for MY22 since I placed the reservation in October. So excited to finally make an account here and join into the fun of waiting all over again! ?

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
The jump from Pro to Lariat would be tough even with the $7.5k tax credit.
Yes agree - I was looking at the XLT so the $16K jump to the Lariat base was a shocker.

I figured the Lariat would cost about the same as the XLT in my case:

A '22 MY would qualify for the $7500 tax credit in '23 plus my state rebates would be about $3500 plus local utility rebate check for $4000 and DMV carpool stickers would make it about right...

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Got my email also! Order placed for Lariat Antimatter Blue! ? Was not expecting to get an order in for MY22 since I placed the reservation in October. So excited to finally make an account here and join into the fun of waiting all over again! ?
Meanwhile tons of first day reservation holders keep waiting for an invite ?.

I'm happy for you... Just pissed at Ford.

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Yes agree - I was looking at the XLT so the $16K jump to the Lariat base was a shocker.

A '22 MY would qualify for the $7500 tax credit in '23 plus my state rebates would be about $3500 plus local utility rebate check for $4000 and DMV carpool stickers would make it about right...
Hey Pat,
I'm still crunching numbers.Where did you get the $3500 for CA ? I thought they changed to a max on the trucks of 60K. Hard to figure out the CA incentives when I looked.-Scott

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Hey Pat,
I'm still crunching numbers.Where did you get the $3500 for CA ? I thought they changed to a max on the trucks of 60K. Hard to figure out the CA incentives when I looked.-Scott
I was using numbers from my PHEV and I just looked at the CVRP and CFFR programs and numbers have changed a lot!

The Lariat does not qualify for the $2000 CVRP rebate and the CFFR has reduced to $750 at dealer POS. :(

Well, at least we will get the $4000 from SCE so that's good thing to pay for the higher electricity bill... :giggle:

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant

Also a '23 XLT is likely going to be a little more than a '22 XLT. Add in a year of savings over ICE too...

...okay, that still isn't going to be $16k, but close enough to justify it, right?

Sponsored

craptacular

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Keep trying and use a different browser. Even try with your phone too. I had that driving me crazy for 30 minutes before it finally took my deposit. Good luck!
I did try my phone and multiple browsers without any luck. I had no problems getting thorough yesterday afternoon, but started having problems after I called Ford last night to switch dealers before submitting the order. I posted a pretty long thread about the issues I was having with the first (well actually 2nd) dealer lying to me, and after filing a complaint with Ford and the BBB I didn't want there to be any kind of retaliation by keeping my order with them. I did see some others had this same issue on one of the previous waves. I called Ford this morning and they said to have my new dealer submit the order manually, so now I'm just patiently waiting...

Last edited:

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
The California Clean Fuel reward website doesn't even have the lightning listed yet as an eligible vehicle. Hopefully that gets updated soon. PG&E also has a rebate program for installing a EVSE but it's income limited.

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
My small town lot isn't very knowledgeable and the guy who would accept my order is on vacation till Monday! I hope this doesn't put me behind on getting scheduled. I also added the power running boards so I need to get those removed. I talked to a different guy is like we dont know when you will get the truck we don't have any allocations. I was like ford says you do now because I just built and summitted my order. Meanwhile i think another staff member is trying to reach out to sell me other vehicles.

These dealers act so arrogant and play so many games.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
My small town lot isn't very knowledgeable and the guy who would accept my order is on vacation till Monday! I hope this doesn't put me behind on getting scheduled. I also added the power running boards so I need to get those removed. I talked to a different guy is like we dont know when you will get the truck we don't have any allocations. I was like ford says you do now because I just built and summitted my order. Meanwhile i think another staff member is trying to reach out to sell me other vehicles.

These dealers act so arrogant and play so many games.
I think as long as the $1500 has been paid to Ford your order should be good as the final acceptance date is April 29th.

I know what you mean about the dealership bugging you to make any sales they can.
After placing my wife's MME order online and paying $500, my dealer called me and said they have the same MME inbound and offered to let me make an offer over MSRP on it.
Geesh !

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
Yeah I paid $500 deposit. There was no mark up thank God. I thought for sure they would bake 5k into it. They still might later.

Yeah, reason #999 removing dealerships.
Sponsored