Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I suspect it’s more dependent on that Ford Power Up 6.1.1, as the article says it works with iOS 15.4. FWIW I applied the “915” APIM update via FDRS and it did not enable this feature so there must be another update coming.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
May be waiting longer as the article says Ford Power-Up 6.3.0 or higher. I’m also on iOS 17 beta and don’t have it.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Just knowing that it is coming soon is big news. I don't use or trust the Ford navigation for anything. It is likely better than I give it credit for, but since the voice recognition can't recognize or find my destination or the charger I want after asking for 20 times, but Apple gets it on the first try, I don't have time for the slow crap. Thank you Apple.

Last edited:

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Are the 2024 Lightnings rumored to be getting Android based system?
I remember reading the 2023 Lightnings would be getting Android based, but did they?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
'23 did not. I've heard no word on '24, but my prediction all along is that the Lightning would never get the upgrade. They don't have the engineers to make it happen. They are focused on the T3 and the ICE.

The '24 ICE has a big unveiling next Tuesday in Detroit. That will be foretelling. If it doesn't get Android you can count on the Lightning not getting it, but even if it does I doubt the Lightning will. They want to keep the computer systems static - only one platform to support.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Yeah that makes sense but there was a announcement. I just bought a Volvo C40 for my wife, it has android system and what a big difference in the GOM . You set your destination and Google maps gives you your arrival State of charge which is very accurate. You can watch the range go up or down in Google maps.
I only use Google maps from my phone because Ford Nav is useless to me for many reasons.
If lightning had android it would be perfect for me.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Why can't they do this with android?
I would be happy then..

"As Ford explained then: “Apple Maps will use your iPhone to read vehicle and battery data when connected to CarPlay and assist you on your journey by adding chargers into your trip as necessary.”

Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I would be happy then..

"As Ford explained then: “Apple Maps will use your iPhone to read vehicle and battery data when connected to CarPlay and assist you on your journey by adding chargers into your trip as necessary.”
I'm sure that they will eventually. Google seems to be behind on adding things to Maps lately

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I would be happy then..

This is just Ford integrating with an Apple Maps feature present for 3 years now, where CarPlay supports this protocol. To my knowledge and per the current Android Auto documentation there is nothing like this available.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Is this different than what's already available in the MME? Why wouldn't it also be available in the Lightning?
That is the question of the day. We don't know, but it isn't. Coming soon.
Sponsored