• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has anyone tried these Expedition wheels on their Lightning?

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
I'm running some 18" lightning pro wheels with Michelin x ice snow tires on my 23 ER lightning. i was able to find a set of take-offs on Ebay last June before my truck arrived. I haven't noticed any change in range between my 18 and 22 inch rims and tires. Like you i was concerned with having a wheel that would handle the lightning's weight, and decided to go with the lightning pro rims for that reason.
A set of used pro wheels usually go for around $800, and i have seen some sets of pro wheels with tires posted under the wheels, tires and brakes in the market section of this site.
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
rims that we have/had (still have, laying in a corner) built up snow/ice until the vehicle could not be driven over 45 mph
This is a problem with most rims.
Even the steelies can get packed up but that's your best bet. I have a wooden stick I use to clean them out if need be. It's not that big of a dealbreaker for me.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I haven't had an issue with snow getting stuck in the rims but certainly in the wheel wells. Thankfully, we haven't had much of the white stuff this winter which is shocking.
Sponsored