• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has anyone used the "Ford Options" Ownership/Lease program for the F150L yet?

Bigisland Guy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat SR Build group 10/24/2022
Occupation
Property Mgmt
Our truck is arriving shortly, and Ford has an Ownership/Lease program for the F150L and MME called "Ford Option", I understand the varietals on interest rates and costs, and I know I will need to crunch my own numbers, but since the F150L is a new production model, I am curious as to what factors others may have.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I briefly considered it, but the interest rates were nowhere even close to competitive.

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
You can get an Options quote when Ford send you the link to "complete your F150 Lightning purchase". You can run a few loan/options scenarios (remember to update for your location so taxes etc are estimated and factored into the results.

I took a look out of interest when I got mine back in August, and if I remember right the rate used for the program was over 5%. I did finance some when I bought mine, and got much better rates from a local credit union.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
As of today its 6.4% and matches fords 72 month option rate wise. Honestly unless they start offering incentives like really good rates with cash discounts like they did at one point with MME then options is not looking to good.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Options is only worth it if you don't think the Lightning will be worth what they think it will be in 3 or 4 years. It will make it easy to get rid of it.

When I picked my Lightning up in October, the Options rate was around 6%. I did way better with my local Credit Union.

Now, when we pick up our Mach-E, I will probably go with Options. I just have to run the numbers. The Options rate in February when we ordered was 2.49%, I believe. But so was regular financing. But it also included a $1000 bonus cash offer. I just have to make sure the extra money offsets the extra fees.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Options is only worth it if you don't think the Lightning will be worth what they think it will be in 3 or 4 years. It will make it easy to get rid of it.

When I picked my Lightning up in October, the Options rate was around 6%. I did way better with my local Credit Union.

Now, when we pick up our Mach-E, I will probably go with Options. I just have to run the numbers. The Options rate in February when we ordered was 2.49%, I believe. But so was regular financing. But it also included a $1000 bonus cash offer. I just have to make sure the extra money offsets the extra fees.
Yeah, Ford Options on the Mach-e was a much better deal. We got 1.4% interest and $2,500 off with ours. Used a credit union for the Lightning.
Sponsored