• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated steering wheel added at later date?

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Now that I have confirmed my order has the "Heated Steering Wheel Removal" on my order, is this something Ford plans on making available for future retrofit? Obviously Ford is the only one that can answer that, hoping they chime in and give us some info for once besides the "message us on twitter" nonsense that is just a complete waste of time. I should have had my truck already but the smart hitch and onboard scales held my order from advancing, without any notice from Ford that there was a compatibility issue. This whole process has been nothing short of a nightmare for me, now I get to wait for a truck that is over $80k and doesnt even come with a heated steering wheel (important part of heating efficiently in an EV) and presumably going to miss out on the federal tax credit. So now I am in the unlucky position of paying more for less. Awesome! /sarcasm
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
According to Ford Authority, the heated wheel will be functional at some future, undetermined, point.

The heated steering wheel removal option – officially called Steering Wheel – Heat Removal (94X) Removal of Heated Steering Wheel – is mandatory on all new orders – including both scheduled and unscheduled orders – and has already been implemented. However, Ford will announce a Field Service Action in the future to restore heated steering wheel functionality, though it’s unclear at this time when that might be. Ford is making this temporary change in an effort to deliver customer vehicles more quickly.
https://fordauthority.com/2022/10/2023-ford-f-150-lightning-production-axes-heated-steering-wheel/