• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated steering wheel for XLT SR ?

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Sure, I installed one in my Pro. You need to buy the wheel, the SCCM and a few wires and you can either setup the screen to let you activate it with a software button, or you can set it to automatically come on (but you can't manually turn it on or off)

OP
OP

Kenreissig

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
Sure, I installed one in my Pro. You need to buy the wheel, the SCCM and a few wires and you can either setup the screen to let you activate it with a software button, or you can set it to automatically come on (but you can't manually turn it on or off)
Wondering where you ordered the wheel and cost? Also did you swap them yourself?
thanks

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Wondering where you ordered the wheel and cost? Also did you swap them yourself?
thanks
Sure, I got them from Varsity Ford parts, it was:
ML3Z-3600-RA - Steering Wheel
W721079-S437 - Steering Wheel Bolt
ML3Z-3F791-BB - SCCM (they call it column housing)
WPT-404 - Wire Assembly
WT-1030 - Terminal

It was about $400 for everything at that time, it might be cheaper now though. I swapped everything myself though, it's a pretty easy process. It took longer for someone to figure out the forscan values to change than anything else.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Sure, I got them from Varsity Ford parts, it was:
WPT-404 - Wire Assembly
WT-1030 - Terminal

It was about $400 for everything at that time, it might be cheaper now though. I swapped everything myself though, it's a pretty easy process. It took longer for someone to figure out the forscan values to change than anything else.
Do the changes for the sync screen change the color/layout or does it just add the wheel icon on the climate page?

Sponsored

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
If anybody cares, I have the following for sale:
New in box. $350 + Shipping.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Do the changes for the sync screen change the color/layout or does it just add the wheel icon on the climate page?
It changes the layout, that's why I didn't like it and just let it automatically come on

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
Hey @jdmackes do you know what the conditions are for the auto heated wheel to come on? I have the layout change right now for my HSW upgrade and I prefer the original look and feel of the screen. How do you configure it to be auto?

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Hey @jdmackes do you know what the conditions are for the auto heated wheel to come on? I have the layout change right now for my HSW upgrade and I prefer the original look and feel of the screen. How do you configure it to be auto?
When you turn it on it's already automatic. I guess it could have something to do with the departure settings on the truck, but mine just turns on when it's cold outside, just like my heated mirrors and heated seats.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
It changes the layout, that's why I didn't like it and just let it automatically come on
...I've been out of the loop for far too long. Automatically coming on when it's cold? Sign me up.

It'll also fix the issue where I never added the ACC distance button when I did those installs. Gonna have to do some searching on here.

Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
...I've been out of the loop for far too long. Automatically coming on when it's cold? Sign me up.

It'll also fix the issue where I never added the ACC distance button when I did those installs. Gonna have to do some searching on here.
Now, I will say that sometimes the screen says that it's on and I don't feel any heat from it, but that's pretty rare honestly. Overall I haven't really found a need to do anything other than let it be automatic

HGBlob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Pro
Interested! I'll try to PM you.

If anybody cares, I have the following for sale:
New in box. $350 + Shipping.

LightningGirlDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
I’d like do this on my pro. What forscan changes did you have to make? I’ve gone now the ice rabbit hole and can’t make heads or tails of the changes the pro lightning would need.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro