• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How much does the FordPass Connect 4G WiFi hotspot service cost per month ?

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I just received my T Mobile hotspot that I'll put in the truck, just in case my iPhone's ATT signal is not great, or non-existent, at certain campgrounds. It's all of $8 per month. Go to T Mobile's website and find out, or check out ATT and Vz for their versions. It's just a little device, no worries.

The truck's included AT&T hotspot is simply Ford's way of giving you a device, for internet, for convenience. It may work fine for some, and not so great for others, depending on your signal and location.
Also, it has NOTHING to do with the truck's internal OTA updates and functions. That is built in to the truck and Ford takes care of that, although it is not some type of signal you can access.
Thank you for that!
I have T Mobile for the family so $8/ month is a much better deal, plus it's unlimited data.
Sponsored

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
I just received my T Mobile hotspot that I'll put in the truck, just in case my iPhone's ATT signal is not great, or non-existent, at certain campgrounds. It's all of $8 per month. Go to T Mobile's website and find out, or check out ATT and Vz for their versions. It's just a little device, no worries.

The truck's included AT&T hotspot is simply Ford's way of giving you a device, for internet, for convenience. It may work fine for some, and not so great for others, depending on your signal and location.
Also, it has NOTHING to do with the truck's internal OTA updates and functions. That is built in to the truck and Ford takes care of that, although it is not some type of signal you can access.
Can you provide more information of the device you got and the plan? I have T-Mobile but I am unclear what options I have if I want to add a dedicated hotspot device.

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Not sure I understand what we are paying for. I use Apple car play for nav and audio. Why pay for this?

Can also use one of the two iPhones in the car as a hotspot if needed - but we all know that caching/downloading movies and shows on the iPad is key for small Children. Steaming on a road trip is a recipe for disaster!

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Can you provide more information of the device you got and the plan? I have T-Mobile but I am unclear what options I have if I want to add a dedicated hotspot device.
If you're already on TMobile with an unlimited plan, or similar, I wouldn't choose a TMobile hotspot because you likely already have it built into your phone(s). I chose this simply because I'm ALREADY on AT&T with unlimited data, and generally good service, but I know several campground where my phone's AT&T service is either non-existent, or very sketchy, at best. I wanted another carrier so that if my phones didn't get a good signal, maybe the hotspot would.
The TMobile hotspot is the Franklin T10, with a monthly 2GB plan. That's all I need it for, and at $8 monthly, I can justify that. It actually said $10 monthly on their site, including taxes, and no annual contract.
They have several other higher-GB plans, and Verizon has it's own hotspots, too, but their plans are all higher than I wanted to commit to, require a contract, etc.

https://www.t-mobile.com/hotspot-iot-connected-devices/franklin-t10-mobile-hotspot

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I think this option is more for people like me or rural folks who may not have regular internet service where they live. As tough as it seems not everybody has a cellphone either and a lot of the features for the truck are internet dependent. For instance, to use the HIS you have to have a wifi connection.....atleast for now.
Not everyone has a cell phone? Hell, you get a cell phone free if receiving ANY form of federal government aid.

Tesla charges $10/month for connectivity of $100/yr.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I'm tempted to get the 12 months unlimited for $200 bucks. Verizon is spotty where i am and AT&T works for what I need. Also, what happened to 5G? We only got 4G modem in this car? https://about.att.com/story/2021/ford-manufacturing-facility.html
The 5G in the article is for the production facility. Additionally, it is my understanding that the 5G system is built in the 4G platform so that we should not have the same sunset issues that we have gone through with analog to digital and 3G to 4G.
Sponsored