• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I received my VIN for Wave 1 Lightning!

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Today, 2/23/22, I received my production date (week of 4/11/22) and my VIN. I was a wave 1 order for a Platinum.
Sponsored

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Serious question - could the Lightning's be completed and destined for Dirt / Ice Mountain? Would Ford actually produce these and have them sit on a lot for months on end? As these are not ICE do they require even more microchips or fewer? Got my production date for 5/16/22 so guessing arrival to Maryland sometime in late June assuming Ford has what they need to deliver them.

danofcolo

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
retired
Week of 5/9, Lariet ER, Iced Blue Silver
Res 5/19, wave 1 order 1/12/22

Sponsored
OP
OP
idahospud

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
I ordered through my dealer. The status on my reservation/order page changed to "in production" . I called the dealer and he sent me an update from my order which included the schedule date and VIN. 1FT6W1EV5NWxxxxx

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Serious question - could the Lightning's be completed and destined for Dirt / Ice Mountain? Would Ford actually produce these and have them sit on a lot for months on end? As these are not ICE do they require even more microchips or fewer? Got my production date for 5/16/22 so guessing arrival to Maryland sometime in late June assuming Ford has what they need to deliver them.
I doubt the first units go into storage waiting for chips, but the first units will be produced under the "Batch and Hold" system. Units will be built and held until a second and/or third quality check is performed. They also won't be shipped until "OKTB" or "OK To Buy" is produced. That could take weeks.

I predict the people with the earliest build dates will be annoyed with the delay in the deliveries of their trucks.

OP
OP
idahospud

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
I doubt the first units go into storage waiting for chips, but the first units will be produced under the "Batch and Hold" system. Units will be built and held until a second and/or third quality check is performed. They also won't be shipped until "OKTB" or "OK To Buy" is produced. That could take weeks.

I predict the people with the earliest build dates will be annoyed with the delay in the deliveries of their trucks.
Pioneer74, help me set realistic personal expectations. Do you think a 4/11/22 build week could be delivered by 6/1?

Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I ordered through my dealer. The status on my reservation/order page changed to "in production" . I called the dealer and he sent me an update from my order which included the schedule date and VIN. 1FT6W1EV5NWxxxxx
Was your reservation page looking like the below.. up until today? I also ordered with my dealer, in store, and expected the below pic to stay until the truck was delivered because it wasn't "done online" like others did.

Ford F-150 Lightning I received my VIN for Wave 1 Lightning! 1645649275373

OP
OP
idahospud

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Was your reservation page looking like the below.. up until today? I also ordered with my dealer, in store, and expected the below pic to stay until the truck was delivered because it wasn't "done online" like others did.

1645649275373.png
Yes, it still looks like that on the standard reservation page. But if you use the link https://www.ford.com/buy/reserve/details.html?reservationId=XXXXXXXX where the "x"'s are replaced with your reservation #, you will get a different tracking page. that looks like this
Ford F-150 Lightning I received my VIN for Wave 1 Lightning! 1645650662084

Dadalorian13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lightningclubsofamerica.org
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER Lariat
Did yours say "ordering with dealer" at the top prior to "in production"?

OP
OP
idahospud

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Yes, it still looks like that on the standard reservation page. But if you use the link https://www.ford.com/buy/reserve/details.html?reservationId=XXXXXXXX where the "x"'s are replaced with your reservation #, you will get a different tracking page. that looks like this
1645650662084.png
I tried that. No such luck. Brings me to a page that says "Your for the all new. It lists my details and the information for my delaer is blank and if I click on the link under my account for orders and reservations it just takes me back to the screen I always get.
Sponsored