• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Just received phone call for next wave, wave 4?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
There is not a wiring harness yet for MY21-22 F150s, but there should be soon.

Using factory FoMoCo parts, some programming, and a custom wiring harness to get the heated steering wheel activated.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/heated-steering-wheel-installation-419608/

Just need some factory parts and the custom wiring harness to get it working. All factory parts and looks. Links to the parts are in the thread above for and older F150 model.

Cost is in the thread. Total was about $500, $300 was for the new steering wheel.
It was easy on the last model because the button to turn it on was activated on the SYNC screen. This generation has a physical button. In sure it can be retrofitted, but it will be more involved and will cost more.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roy2001

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
No further update except the phone call and email from dealer one week ago.

Someone said XLT SR gone.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Truth
Ford F-150 Lightning Just received phone call for next wave, wave 4? 1645130321462

as well XLT-ER
Ford F-150 Lightning Just received phone call for next wave, wave 4? 1645130730705

Last edited:

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Heated steering wheel covers are under $50. Sure they are not as nice as the factory but I can live with it for several thousand dollars less...
Yeah, but they you are dealing with a wire getting in the way all the time.
Moot point now since every model remaining has a heated steering wheel.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT

Yet another dealer that should've kept their mouths shut. They don't control the allocations or emails they need to stop getting everyone's hopes up and let it happen on its own. I rather be surprised by Ford then let down by a dealer guesses

Sponsored

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
If you do that, and remember, can ping back here and let me know how it went. I haven't felt a need to get a print out from them, but if it's simple enough, I might.
Went to the dealer and asked if I needed to provide my DL, the sales rep I talked to said no, everything was set. He gave me a printout and confirmed the price is what’s on there and they won’t try to add any ADM at delivery. He said that I will get production and delivery info at the same time as them if I just follow it online.

Someone else on here mentioned a priority code of 01 which meant that no changes could be made because it was close to being scheduled. I have that priority code on my printout yet he said I could still make changes, so either he is wrong or that code doesn’t mean what people think it means.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Went to the dealer and asked if I needed to provide my DL, the sales rep I talked to said no, everything was set. He gave me a printout and confirmed the price is what’s on there and they won’t try to add any ADM at delivery. He said that I will get production and delivery info at the same time as them if I just follow it online.

Someone else on here mentioned a priority code of 01 which meant that no changes could be made because it was close to being scheduled. I have that priority code on my printout yet he said I could still make changes, so either he is wrong or that code doesn’t mean what people think it means.
Priority code is just the priority for vehicles ordered by that dealership, meaning if the dealer ordered 5 vehicles, the lowest priority vehicle is the one the dealer wants to receive most urgently.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Tesla price increased more than 30% since last year. We all know this is inevitable.
Yes..it was obvious that it was going to happen. People act all surprised and probably should have read the "fine print" when they made a reservation.

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
Tesla price increased more than 30% since last year. We all know this is inevitable.
Based on the responses I got, there were quite a few who did not know this is inevitable.