• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Just received phone call for next wave, wave 4?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Just found out that XLT SR does not have heated seats, this plus the missing heat pump make it miserable during winter. You have to choose between more cold miles, or heat up the whole cabin with resistance heater.

The only REAL update from Pro to XLT for me is 360 camera. I really hesitate to place an order.
Lack of heated seats/steering wheel was one of the biggest reasons I went up to the Lariat ER. I wanted the ER in any case but I think I may have been able to convince myself on the XLR SR if it had the heated accessories.

EDIT: I have a heated steering wheel in my Bolt and I think that might be even better at taking the chill out of a cold cabin than the heated seats.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
That’s weird….
Not really. Although we do get nuggets of good information every once in awhile, unfortunately it has become a soapbox for everyone to complain. Complain about not getting one of the first orders, complain about not getting a pro version, complain about Ford doing this or that, etc.

A lot of people seem to think they are "owed" a whole lot of something for their $100 refundable deposit...

Just my .02c.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
EDIT: I have a heated steering wheel in my Bolt and I think that might be even better at taking the chill out of a cold cabin than the heated seats.
Totally agree. I have heated steering wheel in MME and I use it a lot more than heated seats.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Totally agree. I have heated steering wheel in MME and I use it a lot more than heated seats.
I never thought a heated steering wheel as a "must have" until I had one....now its a necessity...

That and adaptive cruise control....once you have it you'll never go back(if you travel on the highway)

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I never thought a heated steering wheel as a "must have" until I had one....now its a necessity...

That and adaptive cruise control....once you have it you'll never go back(if you travel on the highway)
I said that too but ordered the Pro for my personal rig though I love adaptive cruise control. Can’t justify that $$ for some frills. I completely remodeled my last house myself on 25k which is instant equity vs something that will lose money over time. Really should just buy a cheap used truck just for Home Depot runs but I’m gonna splurge at a loaded Pro for 46k.

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
My solar is installed in a similar fashion. I have a metal roof with standing seams. However, my solar panels aren't clamped to the seams because I have too much wind. Mine are screwed through the seams (the high points of the seams). I had another roofer go behind the solar installers and make sure it was all sealed well. Also, when it rains the rain doesn't flow on the high points of the seam anyway.
We're in hurricane zone on the Gulf water front, the clips they used for our standing seam clips called Solar Snap. Rated for hurricanes.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
And it uses less energy. Heated seats and steering wheel should’ve been standard in the XLT or, at the very least, an a la carte option. Putting in a $9500 packagr is ludicrous. They could’ve made the heated seats std and had the ventilated seats in the option package.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Seats, yes. Steering wheel, no.

Although, I assume there's a way to retrofit the steering wheel with a heated version, it will probably be much more expensive. Obviously less than $9500, though. :)

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback

Although, I assume there's a way to retrofit the steering wheel with a heated version, it will probably be much more expensive. Obviously less than $9500, though. :)
Unfortunately, it is not as simple as replacing the steering wheel. You may need to replace the clock spring as well as add wiring if the steering column is not premiered for a heated steering wheel. There may also be software issues as well. I know that with my Suburban, I wanted to add the heated steering wheel, but could not get a dealer to do so due to liability issues in messing with the airbag system since the truck was not originally produced with a heated steering wheel.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek

Heated steering wheel covers are under $50. Sure they are not as nice as the factory but I can live with it for several thousand dollars less...

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Heated steering wheel covers are under $50. Sure they are not as nice as the factory but I can live with it for several thousand dollars less...
Yeah, but they you are dealing with a wire getting in the way all the time.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Approaching Wave 4. Chatter should start picking up. Seems like this Forum gets a lot less activity between Waves.
Nah, there's still activity.. but its all whining, bickering, tempers running high, and same 5 questions asked over and over that can easily be answered without repeated posts if people learned how to use the search button. oh, and many sidetracked conversations as well lol

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
Unfortunately, it is not as simple as replacing the steering wheel. You may need to replace the clock spring as well as add wiring if the steering column is not premiered for a heated steering wheel. There may also be software issues as well. I know that with my Suburban, I wanted to add the heated steering wheel, but could not get a dealer to do so due to liability issues in messing with the airbag system since the truck was not originally produced with a heated steering wheel.
There is not a wiring harness yet for MY21-22 F150s, but there should be soon.

Using factory FoMoCo parts, some programming, and a custom wiring harness to get the heated steering wheel activated.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/heated-steering-wheel-installation-419608/

Just need some factory parts and the custom wiring harness to get it working. All factory parts and looks. Links to the parts are in the thread above for and older F150 model.

Cost is in the thread. Total was about $500, $300 was for the new steering wheel.
Sponsored

Last edited: